Spelling error in GC?

shankyyy

Registered Users (C)
I received the Welcome Notices today by mail but my middle name is spelt incorrectly. If the actual card also has the error, how do I get it corrected? Anyone faced similar situation before? Feedback will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!.
I got mine too today. BTW, it clearly says there if there is any error call them. If, the card is already ordered then, you need to file I-90 form (I think). It normally cost around $400 to file this form (because you need to do biometrics again). But, if you prove the spelling error was their mistake, then you are not charged. You can easily prove by showung your other approval forms and 485 filed.

Congrats! Dr Doctor

Yeah, I read about I-90 but I also read that some people are waiting for months to get their corrected card which is the scary part. If I have to file I-90, I hope I will atleast be considered to be in GC status effective immediately so that I can travel freely and work on ITAR projects.

All my previous approval notices (H-1B, I-140) plus the EAD card have only my middle initial. My AP document however has the correct spelling of my middle name. Also, last year when I moved, I got an acknowledgement from CIS which had the correct spelling. I am not sure how they bungled it up now. Can you tell me whether your card has spelt out the middle name or does it only show the middle initial? I am hoping against hope that the card has the correct spelling or just the middle initial.

Last edited by a moderator:
The card itself only has the middle initial. However, the machine-readable code along the bottom often has the entire name typed out....

Okay Sahnkyyy .. good to see you got your card. You have been posting like hell for every simple question you had.
enough of your questions like tsunami.
You have been watching threads here and everywhere for last 2 years why do you want to ask that simple questions. Call USCIS number and ask them immediately. In the notice you will see in bold what to do when there is some problem...CALL USCIS..
everytime I come here to see something new.. it is only you asking about you...
good luck you got it.. dont post simple foolish questions.

Shankyy if you want it corrected file the I-90 as mentioned on a previous reply I 90 will have fees if correction was your fault. Filing fees are 290.00 plus 80 for biometric.
Also, if you are wanting to travel go to your local INS office and have them stamp your "valid" passport. This will help verify status until you receive your new card.

DeLaCruz.
thx. my attorney called cis today and they told him that the card has been produced with that error. so, i will be filing i-90, and likely also get the pp stamped.

Okay Sahnkyyy .. good to see you got your card. You have been posting like hell for every simple question you had.
enough of your questions like tsunami.
You have been watching threads here and everywhere for last 2 years why do you want to ask that simple questions. Call USCIS number and ask them immediately. In the notice you will see in bold what to do when there is some problem...CALL USCIS..
everytime I come here to see something new.. it is only you asking about you...
good luck you got it.. dont post simple foolish questions.
gcheadache..if my posts sound too foolish for u, keep ur freakin' mouth shut!

The card itself only has the middle initial. However, the machine-readable code along the bottom often has the entire name typed out....

jk,
recd cards today. as expected error in the card.
fyi..middle name is mentioned both in the card as well as in the machine readable code at the bottom..looks like they keep changing format!