Speeding tickets: Gurus advise!

Immg-Jock,
Can you tell us about your N-400 experience? Have you become a citizen yet?
And don't forget to post yout timeline. These are the issues we are discussing in this forum.

mfar said:
Immg-Jock,
Can you tell us about your N-400 experience? Have you become a citizen yet?
And don't forget to post yout timeline. These are the issues we are discussing in this forum.

<DISGUSTINGLY_SARCASTIC>
mfar. Would you want my Social Security Number and my Date of Birth with that?
</DISGUSTINGLY_SARCASTIC>

--------------------------------------
Life is Great, Bush is back.

Immg-Jock said:
<DISGUSTINGLY_SARCASTIC>
mfar. Would you want my Social Security Number and my Date of Birth with that?
</DISGUSTINGLY_SARCASTIC>

Shut your mouth . These forums are for immigration discussions only,not for personal entertainment.
guys ignore this prankster .
:D :D :D :D

who cares about your SSN and DOB or even your political views..... we all have those..you are no different
we only care about your N-400 experience, if you have any...
that's what we are discussing here

To Rahul, please help me!!! Failed to include traffic violations.

I submitted my application and in the past couple of days I found out through this forum that I was supposed to include moving violations. I only included a DUI that was dismissed in 1995. I already obtained a clerk certified copy which shows the case as being dismissed 'Dismissed Officer'.
I received a number of speeding tickets in Florida (Dating back to 1984), Georgia (96-97), and my last moving violation was here in California over 6 years ago.
Most of the agencies carry only records for the last 7 years. In other words, I only can obtain official records with accurate dates for California and for 1 year in Georgia.
What do I do about the rest of the violations? I typed a letter with the information to the best of my knowledge, and I am tempted to mail the letter as an addendum to my file. What do you recommend??Do you recommend to bring it to the interview??? I have requested clerk certified records for all 3 states, GA, CA, FL and I plan to bring those to the interview...

I have read your thread and the FBI name ordeal. I am very happy for you! Congratulations!!!

Thanks in advance to you or anyone who can provide feedback on my dilemma!!! :confused:

Germana

Rahul Kumar said:
Your State DMV can give you a copy of your driver record. I believe that when you do a check on Driving history, you get
a list consisting of violations u made in all states. Thats what insurance companies do..

Failed to include traffic violations.

I submitted my application and in the past couple of days I found out through this forum that I was supposed to include moving violations. I only included a DUI that was dismissed in 1995. I already obtained a clerk certified copy which shows the case as being dismissed 'Dismissed Officer'.
I received a number of speeding tickets in Florida (Dating back to 1984), Georgia (96-97), and my last moving violation was here in California over 6 years ago.
Most of the agencies carry only records for the last 7 years. In other words, I only can obtain official records with accurate dates for California and for 1 year in Georgia.
What do I do about the rest of the violations? I typed a letter with the information to the best of my knowledge, and I am tempted to mail the letter as an addendum to my file. What do you recommend??Do you recommend to bring it to the interview??? I have requested clerk certified records for all 3 states, GA, CA, FL and I plan to bring those to the interview...

I have read your thread and the FBI name ordeal. I am very happy for you! Congratulations!!!

Thanks in advance to you or anyone who can provide feedback on my dilemma!!!

germana

desi111 said:
I know some of you may have to deal with same issue while filling out the N-400 in answering question about speeding.

Should the answer to question about conviction and charging for speeding be entered as YES.

Any advice is appreciated!

Forgot to include traffic ciatations...

Thanks in advance to you or anyone who can provide feedback on my dilemma!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Germana

I had an out of state speeding ticket several years ago, which I paid by mail. My DMV records show that I was convicted for a speeding offense. So the answer to all the following would be "Yes". Is that correct ?
15. Have you ever committed a crime or an offense for which you were not arressted ?
16. Have you ever been arressted, cited or detained ?
17. Have ever been charged with committing any crime or offense ?
18. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense ?

Please advice. Thanks.

Guys: Don't panic

Advice to all guys who have already filed and forgotten to list tickets(including me).

- Honestly there is no need to panic if you have not listed all your tickets ( I did not as I though only arrest/DUI was applicable).

- I personally am going to carry a copy of my DMV records (clearing indicating how the tickets were disposed off).

- If the offices questions I will show him the records.

Honestly I don't there is a need to panic and loose sleep, just explain the situation if anything arises at the interview.

The point that you have to get across is that you were not withholding anything/falsifying just that genuinly did not this it necessary to list non felony charged tickets that's all.

A Suggestion For The Moderator

Immg-Jock said:
joef daddy. Citations could include parking tickets, jay walking citation and verbal warnings. Dont need to report anything but arrest and fingerprinting citations. joef daddy needs coffee. :D :D :D

I believe is a good idea, when someone is banned all his/hers messages to be erased.
This way people who need help and are looking for information don't have to read all the crap from those idiots.

Related to traffic violation topic I read here a lot of opinions; Guys (like JoeF for example) who apparently know a lot about this matter, say that that any ticket should be metioned in N-400 application.
I didn't mention anythig on my application filled out back in Dec. 2003 (at that time I didn't know anything about the existence of this forum) At the interview, in Apr. 2004, with all the question about, arrested, detained, cited marked as "NO" I didn't have any problem with the IO.I didn't believe is a big deal at that time that I had a few tickets, i thought that every living soul who drives should have at least one ticket. Now after reading this thread I'm getting nervous and I'm confused also not knowing what to do...to get proofs of payment for all the tickets I've got in the past 15 years since I came to this country it's almost impossible. I just sent to DMV a request for my driving record...so I can remember myself(!?!) how manny tickets I got, where and for what. The only thing I can say is that I got in average one ticket per year, I've paid them all, everytime when it was possible I went for traffic school and I've never had more than 2 tickets within a 3 years period. (most of insurance companies deny coverage if you have more than 3 tickets)

Last edited by a moderator:
Traffic Vilolations (cont'd)

I filed my N-400 yesterday. I held driver's licences from two states from 1997-now, i.e. even before receiving residency in 2001.
I requested an official copy of my DMV records from both states, attached the originals to the application and stated in the question "please see attached copies for traffic violations."
The issue is that, if I remember correctly, there are two traffic violations from 1998 which are not even listed on the DMV records. I don't even recall further details.
Is the way I documented sufficient or do I have to find out more than my DMV records show? I realize that one can get neurotic dealing with traffic citations.
Thanks for the info.

Check the traffic court records. They might be able to provide you a copy of the summons and/or the receipt.

What can I do if I've forgotten the locations?

Here's my scenario:

Three tickets:

1) SOMEWHERE in Missouri in 9/1995, I paid for it by mailing in a letter. The violation showed up in my driving records. Now it should have been removed since it was so long ago.

2) 5/1999, I know this one's location. I went to the court to plead no contest and the violation did NOT enter my driving records.

3) 8/2004, SOMEWHERE in Tennessee during my cross-country trip. I attended driving school and paid the fine so it did NOT enter the records, either.

I did not retain the documents so I have forgotten the locations of tickets one and three above. What can I do? Gurus.