• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Specification of photo - When they are checked

madu12

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know , when KCC check whether the submitted photo at the initial DV entry (the digital image) is according to the specification given ?.

Is it just for reference since they asked for new photos with the documents send with 1st NL

Last edited by a moderator:
they first check out for photo specification,then multiple entry r the checked,if found r deleted.after which the random selection wud take place

Does anybody know , when KCC check whether the submitted photo at the initial DV entry (the digital image) is according to the specification given ?.

Is it just for reference since they asked for new photos with the documents send with 1st NL

One has to remember that 13 million x 240 kilobytes is over 3 terabytes, which is a lot of data. I think that a automatic face recognition system is used to find out bad guys and multiple entries in preliminary checks. Then even when a photo is of right size the color depth might be wrong or photo is badly composed but that is probably checked only after when 100000 selectees are chosen.

What I want to know is whether they will check the original digital photo at the interview if selected

I also saw in this forum that somebody has told it is checked at the interview. Since I had a dought about my photos , I wrote to the consular of us embassy in our country. According to him it is not checked at the interview. See his answer below

"Since you are a winner of the lottery program, the photo you submitted with your online registration form should not cause any problems to your visa process now."

Last edited by a moderator: