Special Registration In Boston BCIS Office.

tshar

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Me and my husband went to the BCIS Boston Office at the Government Center this morning to get the special registration done for my husband. We did not have stand in line. We went straight to Room 140 where they had people waiting for various purposes even other then special registration.

My husband had to fill out a detailed form with name, address, contact information, employment information and so on. After that, someone took the form and the passport.

After waiting for a long while (almost two hours), someone called him. They took finger print, a picture, and asked a few general questions. They also took down the SSN and Bank Card no. That's all, he was out in 6 minutes! He was adviced that, if he goes out of the country in next one year, he can register at the POE, otherwise, if the 485 process isn't done in next one year, he can just go to a INS office, and get the registration done again.

And no, he wasn't asked to show any papers at all.

Well, hope this helps someone. Don't worry too much. The process isn't too bad other then the waiting period at the office.

Regards.

Congrats!

This would be helpful if you put a little detail on your Husband's status. The way it went, seems like he had flawless record. If you never had status issues, your SP is supposed to go fine. But that doesn't really help us with a status problem. Here is my situation (in case you saw someone with the same issues):

Was out of status with a F-1 visa.
* Applied thru 245(i) before April 30, 2001.
* Labor Cert. Apporved
* I-140 Approved
* I-765 (EAD) Approved
* EAC (valid until Sep'2003)
* I-485 Pending (since Aug'2002)

:confused:

Good Morning,

Here is a little bit more detail of my husband:

* Came to US with F1 and finished Undergrad and Grad studies
* Started working with OPT
* Got H-1
* Company started processing GC
* As my 140 approval came through faster, we decided to go with my 485 process
* After 4 months of applying 485, lost his job
* Applied for EAD
* Got Unemployment Benefit for six months
* Started working again in January

So, yes, it is a pretty straight forward case. Neither of us had any immigration related issues.

For the Special Registration, we actually took with us everything. Starting with I-20's from school, and all. Also, my company wrote support letter to INS that they have filed for both of our 485.

Well, do let me know if you have any questions. I am no immigration expert, although going through the process I guess we all become educated about this whole procedure someway.

Have a good one.

Also, forgot to add this bit. There were two other Bangladeshi gentlemen waiting in the room with us. We didn't get to chat with them. They were there for special registration, and I think, they had some lapse or something in their status.

The immigration officers were very polite. One of them took their interview. Then they had to sit for a while. After that, another officer came and took them to another floor for further interviews. I beleive it was a investigation floor.

The immigration officer actually told the person who was with this two gentlemen that she can come up with them as this won't be taking too long.

So pretty much looks like if you have a 485 pending, they just do their job asking you questions. Don't worry too much. This is just a formality. What they are actually looking for is you are in status AT THE MOMENT.

Regards.

Hi tsar

If I am working with EAD and changed job after 10 months and everything is fine.. am I in status or not...(Employment Based)

if you have a a valid EAD you are currently in status for the purposes of SR. I brought the following documents which provided proof of employment:
1. Letter from employer stating that I am employed and what my current salary is - get from payroll so it looks official.
2. 3-4 recent paystubs with my Company's name

I am no expert but from what I've heard, BCIS has been satisfied if you are currently in status and have the documentation to show:
1. proof of status
2. proof of employment
3. proof of residence - I took the apartment lease contract with me

good luck,
sadiq