Special Registration for the Paroled

cligsman

Registered Users (C)
I do NOT have any kind of visa. I also do not have a Green Card. But have Advanced Parol and EAD.

On page 3 of the following document:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/lawenfo...CALL_IN_ALL.pdf

it says that if you were paroled and NOT inspected and admitted as a non immigrant before Sep xx, 2002, then the Registration is waived.

I am VERY happy for that but here I just want to confirm that I don't need to do the Special Registration.

Notice I am NOT a national of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, and Syria. But I am national of another call-in country.

The last time I entered the USA was in 2001 and I used my Advanced Parol papers. After my last entry, my I-94 has the following stuff written on it:

Paroled until: Indefinite
I-512
For 9/5/01
Officer: 28/5

So am I waived? Have I entered the US as a non-immigrant? How do you find out?

Thanks
:confused:

Registration experience

let share with you my special registration experience.
I have returned to the US using AP 2 weeks ago, when I went for the registration yesterday the officer told me that I do not have to register since I was paroled in as indicated on my passport and the I-94, and BTW I was not fingerprinted nor my picture taken at the airport.

Andy?

1)Are you the national of one of the countries in the Registration list.
Since law say before Sep 2002, you entered probably in Feb, 2003. I don't know how it works but
2)Did you check with your local INS, I urge you to do that and get some sort of letter or something from them that you don't need to register.

Well anyway good luck.

yes I am from one of the countries called for registration. I did go personally to the local INS office and got this answer, I do not know what else to do to get something in writing, I welcome any help or comments from somebody with similar situation.