Special project - Case Transfers

baski555

Registered Users (C)
Our on-line case status was changed last week. The case status says, the case is transfered from NSC to San Antonio, TX. We currently live in Ohio. We gave address change and filed AR-11. The address on the file with NSC is our ohio address. I called NSC and spoke to few rep, one representative said, there may be a special project going on to help reduce the backlog. May be because of that, the case is tranfered there. Others said, try to contact Ohio office or Texas office to request for case transfer.

Any one has any idea about this. Please let me know. I am kind of confused and worried.

Baski.

485 RD 8/03, Non concurrent.

baski555 said:
one representative said, there may be a special project going on to help reduce the backlog.

I've been thinking that for a year now. Finally a rep has acknowledged my suspicion to be true.

The problem is that they have transferred your case to the local office, that is not local to your current address.

When you filed AR-11, did you also update the address on all you pending files? AR-11 does not update the systems that have information about your pending cases. AR-11 is only a legal requirement to update the USCIS of your address change, it doen't update the pending cases.

You need to call them and provide your new address. You can try visiting you local office in Ohio, and explain the mixup. They may be able to request your file be transferred to Ohio, but that will delay everything by at least anothe 2-3 months (the time it usually takes USCIS to send the actual files). Worst case you may just have to go to San Antonio to do you interview. That way you'll just get the interview over with ASAP instead of waiting months for them to transfer your case closer to home.

Often times once the case has been transferred to the local office, any changes at the service center or the 1-800 number do not get passed on to the local office (the local offices seem to be very disconnected in that sense), so you'll have to contact the local office directly to get this corrected. Unfortunately there is no way to contact the local office without visiting them in person by scheduling an Infopass appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local Transfer

Thanks CuriousGeorge.

I was also thinking the same thing. They did this mess, by sending it to Texas. I did call them and did address change last year. As you said, my another friend also advised the same to go to local office. Any how I have taken an appointment thru infopass, I will go to the local office in Ohio and see what they are trying to say.

This is really a great disappointment to see, when you expect approval.

Local transfer - speed up

Today I received the letter in the mail. It says to speed up the proecess, your case has been transfered to the following address.

What message they sent during local office transfer. Any one please provide me the info.