Special Handling Cases- University Professors,...

Asib

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have heard news here and there about special handling cases. I think it's time to have more organized news in seperated thread.
Please post your news about 45 days letter, approvals,... for Special handling cases in here.

I have PD 12-2003 and no 45 days letter yet. My case was originally with TWC and then Enterject and never made to regional. On Aug. 2005 finally moved to Dallas BEC.

on same boat

My special handling case was submitted in Sep 04, went to regional philly in Oct 04. Received and replied 45-day letter from Philly BEC in Feb 05. No news since then. Waiting to hear good news...(God knows when it will happen..)

special handling case

Filed and received by Atlanta, May 2004, transferred from Atlanta to Philly Backlog Center around March 2005. Since I have not received a 45 day letter yet, I am not so sure if the case indeed has been transferred, or lost along the way.

I have been searching for news about "special handling" on this forum and every where on the Internet but couldn't find a lot of news. My impression was, the BEC has been considering how to handle the "special handling" cases specially. But that was over 6 months ago. Please do post if anyone heard they have made the decision, assume they will ever make the decision.

Special Handling approval

My LC (special handling) was approved on Sep 9, 2005. :)
The case was first sent to Ohio DOL in Oct 2004, transferred to Chicago Regional on Dec 1, 2004, and then to Dallas BEC.

Good luck to everyone...

Renee

Congratulations!
Did you get any 45 days letter and if so, when?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Renee

No 45-day letter was received. It seems that as soon as the BEC identifies a special handling case, it will process it without sending a 45-day letter. All the best for your case.

Renee

Is there any way one can track a special handling case? I had to go through my university lawyer and she is very non-communicative to say the least. My case was submitted in December 2005. I have not heard a peep from anyone? Can I write directly and find out. I have no details like what everyone else mentions. Any suggestions?ANy comments suggestions appreciated.

Hello,
My university international office (not lawyer) made some calls to Dallas BEC and finally found my case. They had put my file with regular files. Then they sent it from Dallas to San Fransisco. And finally it was approved about 10 days ago.
Asib,