Special case - Figureprint notice

alphagc

Registered Users (C)
Today I received my FP notice and I'm suppose to have it done in Cranston, RI but I live in MA. Is that noraml ?
During my Green card process, I used to get my FP done in Boston office.

I just checked uscis web site and I guess they have another office in Cranston RI!!!!... but I still don't get why I have to go to different state in ASC office is about 30 minutes away from where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live 40 minutes from Cranston (where I used to live), then you probably live at least 30 minutes from Boston (since they are about an hour apart). I'm thinking that the traffic through Providence is going to be a lot better than traffic heading up into Boston.

Heh, Cranston can be a nice place. :)

I'm sure they just go by zip code and somewhere in the bowels of a computer, they've decided that Cranston is the best place for you to go.

Garden City (next to Sockanosset Cross Road) is a nice little mall. Enjoy the visit.

I cannot speak for the FP situation in your specific geographical area, but this info may be of help to you.
People living in Northwest Ohio (like Toledo) are asked to go to downtown Detroit, Michigan for their FP, not to Cleveland. Detroit is about 60 miles away and Cleveland is about a 100.
So I am guessing it is based on distance and proximity to the nearest immigartion office or Application Support Center.
All the best.

Thank you guys for your replies. One more question,
My FP is scheduled on 05/23 so Is it possible to do walk in FP ? I was thinking to do walk-in sometime soon or even on Saturday.

Read your FP notice. In principle, it should not be a problem, but my FP notice said if you cannot come to your appointment you can do it on any Wednesday FOLLOWING your appointment. Word FOLLOWING was also bold, italic and with capital letters. I thought to do it "walk-in" before, but I felt I would look like a moron who is totally ignoring what they wrote.

A similar thing happened to me last year:-

I live on the eastern shore of Maryland had Baltimore for DO, yet USCIS sent me for to Dover ASC in Delaware for FP. Both are about an hour's drive, but I think the Dover might be a couple miles closer, hence the reason USCIS picked that location.

Suggestion

Thank you guys for your replies. One more question,
My FP is scheduled on 05/23 so Is it possible to do walk in FP ? I was thinking to do walk-in sometime soon or even on Saturday.

Here is a suggestion. If you have time, try a walkin at the Boston ASC before (say 2days) your scheduled FP in RI. If they do your FP, then you will save ur trip to RI, plus you get it done earlier!