SPAM: (not 485 related) but please help

harac

Registered Users (C)
hi,

I apologize to post a non 485 related stuff on this forum. But please help if you can.

A friend of mine who lives in the state of Georgia bought a house while they were on H1 around 2 years back.

They were planning to go back to India for good towards the end of next year which is when they would complete the 6 yrs on H1 and hence did not apply for GC.

Accordingly they were planning on having their house on sale towards the beginning of 2004 so that they will have ample time to sell it.

But unfortunately, my friend lost his job this June. They have put up their house for sale but no offers so far. They tried changing the agent, reducing the price ont he house etc but still no luck. It has already been 3 months since they are burning their savings.
Added to it, they do not know if they are in a illegal status now.

They are completely confused and frustrated because they cannot leave the country without selling the house as even if they want to close any deal, they will not be able to re-enter without a proper VISA.

I thought I will just post this on this forum to get your opinion on this and what you would do if you were in this situation. I guess any suggestion or input on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

i am ready to buy their house in cash.
i am serious about it.

Ask him to contact me, send me a private message!

Originally posted by harac
hi,

I apologize to post a non 485 related stuff on this forum. But please help if you can.

A friend of mine who lives in the state of Georgia bought a house while they were on H1 around 2 years back.

They were planning to go back to India for good towards the end of next year which is when they would complete the 6 yrs on H1 and hence did not apply for GC.

Accordingly they were planning on having their house on sale towards the beginning of 2004 so that they will have ample time to sell it.

But unfortunately, my friend lost his job this June. They have put up their house for sale but no offers so far. They tried changing the agent, reducing the price ont he house etc but still no luck. It has already been 3 months since they are burning their savings.
Added to it, they do not know if they are in a illegal status now.

They are completely confused and frustrated because they cannot leave the country without selling the house as even if they want to close any deal, they will not be able to re-enter without a proper VISA.

I thought I will just post this on this forum to get your opinion on this and what you would do if you were in this situation. I guess any suggestion or input on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

As far as I know they can give Power of Attorney to a relative or trusted friend who can close on the house.

pm ME

With details about the house. I will ask people or I might look at it myself if its within my budget!

They can issue a power of A to anyone here that they can depend on.

As a temporary arrangement they can rent it out. Use a real estate agency to maintain the house. Have the rent deposited directly to their bank account. Wait until they get a decent offer to sell. Another option would be to checkout yhd.com where the owner sells by himself without going through the hassle of hiring agents and pay 6% commission fee.