SPAM: Iyman Faris - U.S. citizen

Tasse

Registered Users (C)
Iyman Faris, also known as Mohammed Rauf, a Kashmir native who entered the United States in 1994 and became a U.S. citizen in 1999, pleaded guilty on May 1 to "conspiracy to provide material support to the al-Qaeda organization, as well as providing material support to that terrorist group," announced Attorney General John Ashcroft June 19.

Does anybody know how Iyman Faris got his U.S. citizenship in five year? I live and work in US since 1999 and if BCIS will approve my I-485 tomorrow morning I may apply for citizenship only in 2008, but he entered in 1994 and became citizen in 1999. Is it possible?

maybe he came here on a family based GC and then after living here for five years he ago his citizenship...why doesn't the media tell us how he was able to get into this country

If you work for the army, or marry a citizen, you can file for c'ship in 3 years instead of 5.

I doubt he is EBGC for the same reasons, though he is a Kashmiri Muslim, so this is gonna make it tougher for Indian Muslims.

though he is a Kashmiri Muslim, so this is gonna make it tougher for Indian Muslims.

There is no way for BCIS to handle the immigrants on the basis of Religion. It is an offence.

If a militant is coming from a particular country, he/she can be in any religion. People who still have the old name but have been brain washed or having faith to the new religion to achieve their targets.

In such case a prakash patel or a gopal sharma or murugan or a raman can land here as a militant member and work for their targets. We have seen lots of such cases.

So finally all the Indians are going to affect.

this guy was a truck driver so i doubt EBGC was how he got in. neither was he in the armed forces because that would have been already leaked. i.e. militant tained by the u.s. govt!!!

i think he either married a citizen or his was a family based gc applied under his behalf when he was young. either way, not good for immigrants/potential immigrants.

hategc,

All that you say is logical, but try explaining it to INS/BCIS. One of my maternal grandfather was denied visa in Chennai becoz he had beard. And Sept 11 was fresh in their mind at that time. There was no reason to reject a tourist visa for a 70+ year old (non-muslim name, if you like ...) man. But it was. You see any logic apart from the obvious connection to the beard of O-B-L?

brokenarrow

from my own experience, i have noticed often times, old folks aren't given visas if their sons and daughters are settled in the u.s. the obvious reason being that person will not be coming back and the state will have to bear his medical expenses should he/she fall sick in the u.s.

also, state department officials can deny giving you a visa for any reason including the length of your beard or the color of your skin, but for legal as well as other restrictions, they cannot and generally do not give you any reason. So did they state department guy in Chennai actually say why the visa was denied to your grandfather or were you just kidding?

not kidding...

thsi happened. they applied by mail first and were called for interview. And the officer looked at documents and sadi you are not elligible for visa. interview lasted 5 mins and this was in Oct 2001!

Originally posted by Silly Man
If you work for the army, or marry a citizen, you can file for c'ship in 3 years instead of 5.

I doubt he is EBGC for the same reasons, though he is a Kashmiri Muslim, so this is gonna make it tougher for Indian Muslims.

Oh please; this guy is not an Indian. It is not clear exactly which city he hailed from, but he went to Pakistani training camps, conducted financial dealings inside pakistan, bought airline tics from Pak to Saudia, crossed that Pak-Afghan border (if there is such a thing) several times etc etc.

If all this is indeed true, he is wanted as much by Indian authorities as he is by American.

Indian citizenship is not free and is revokable just like US citizenship.