SPAM: Handle stress properly while waiting...

PCee

Registered Users (C)
Congrtulations to all those who got approvals recently.

I got my GC few months back, but I spent lot of time waiting for it and let my life stay in a limbo state. Was not able to make any major decision and went through lot of stressful times. It effected my life a lot. When I look back I felt I shouldn't have let that happen.

If you are waiting for your GC and think that you are also going through some stressful times, please stop and spend some time to think and plan about how to handle this stress. That may help you a lot in the long run. Please note that in the journey of life getting GC is not the destiny (it may look like that at this point of time) but soon after getting it you will realize that it may be a very small and very negligible part of it.

It doesn't matter which technique/path you follow to handle your stress but the most important thing in my openion is "handle it, do something about it". Even doing some daily physical exercises/activity may go a very long way.

With very best wishes
PCee

I got lot of useful information and support from this group while I was waiting for my GC. App. after a year after getting my GC when I look back, I felt this is one very important thing that I sholdn't have ignored, and if I spent few minutes to think about it seriously I would have been in a much better position. So I wanted to share this with the group.

I feel one can achieve, and contribute a lot when one is happy rather than stressed out.

PCee

I don't agree that this is a crap. I do appreciate PCee's post and his message. I also welcome the fact that he still feels associated with this forum.

-CoolRaj

Good to see you back in the forum

PCee,

Good to see you back in the forum again. I appreciate the contribution you have made to this forum. I haven't received my approval yet because it just turned 2 years.

JM

PCee said:
It doesn't matter which technique/path you follow to handle your stress but the most important thing in my openion is "handle it, do something about it". Even doing some daily physical exercises/activity may go a very long way.
PCee

I had mentioned this before... hand and lotion

now seriously. another way to get relaxed is to travel someplace good such as Tahoe. Wake up early in the morning, either jog or bike for an hour. come back have breakfast. go to lake and just sit down watch the water. come back to hotel, call in-room massage. go into hot tub....much more...

Sammmmmmmmmmmme Tahoe, different people

goodsaint said:
now seriously. another way to get relaxed is to travel someplace good such as Tahoe. Wake up early in the morning, either jog or bike for an hour. come back have breakfast. go to lake and just sit down watch the water. come back to hotel, call in-room massage. go into hot tub....much more...

Go to a bar and get drunk (because USCIS is screwing you). Gamble and loose money (because USCIS is screwing you). Drive up to Reno and gamble again (because USCIS is screwing you).

Getting GC is like Donners Party's destination California. So close, so far!!!!

If USCIS ever flashes in your mind while your in Tahoe frolicking... the journey is a waste.

I was coming to booze. thanks for interrupting me.

pralay said:
Go to a bar and get drunk (because USCIS is screwing you). Gamble and loose money (because USCIS is screwing you). Drive up to Reno and gamble again (because USCIS is screwing you).

Getting GC is like Donners Party's destination California. So close, so far!!!!