SPAM: got the pink slip

goodsaint

Registered Users (C)
Worked for over 7 years for this company (very very big software company). Got GC in June 2004 after 6 years of wait. I was planning to leave the company in next couple of months. Luckily this happened.

This was going on for sometime in the company. Finally, our turn came, our work is going to be transfered to India. Got one month notice and 5 months severance pay (plus other benefits) in golden handsake. Luckily, within one week of job search got 1 job offer, 2 more in making (stopped taking calls from new perspective employers). I did not realise the market was that good. But, I am not sure if I want a job right now. I am trying to get my hands wet in business.

Things would have been different if I did not have GC. I would be looking for stupid "same or similar" job. Love this freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a company with a big "O" ??? good to know what companies are laying off and which are hiring... I know this is not the right forum but doesn't harm

No its not Oracle.

Acutally, some groups in my company are hiring (in limited fashion) too. But, I am not interested anymore. 6 months salary as severange looks more appealing.

sfbay_area_guy said:
Is this a company with a big "O" ??? good to know what companies are laying off and which are hiring... I know this is not the right forum but doesn't harm

good luck goodsaint. Did ur entire family get GC. I remember you telling us that someone had not got it yet.

everybody got it now. there was an rfe for my wife, they wanted to ask more questions about her status 4-5 years ago. Was approved within couple of days of RFE response.

c610 said:
good luck goodsaint. Did ur entire family get GC. I remember you telling us that someone had not got it yet.

Very good ... have 2 months of vacation .. that too paid one ..

Makes a good sabbatical .. i envy that .. :)

San Jose area members, let meet sometime for beer. Its long overdue on me. any day in the evening is fine... anywhere in South bay is fine..

does anyone know a good wholesome place to sit down, sip beer/coffee and chat...?

Goodsaint,

Obviously you don't check your pm, had sent you a couple of pm's and yet to receive replies. Can you get back to me ASAP?

5 months ..wow...+ do't forget u can claim more money from State for being unemployed. U got to luv this freedom after the slavery of 7 yrs.

I would say good news goodsaint:) By the way if you don't mind what other benifits you indicated in addition to 5 months severence pay.
Arn

goodsaint said:
Worked for over 7 years for this company (very very big software company). Got GC in June 2004 after 6 years of wait. I was planning to leave the company in next couple of months. Luckily this happened.

This was going on for sometime in the company. Finally, our turn came, our work is going to be transfered to India. Got one month notice and 5 months severance pay (plus other benefits) in golden handsake. Luckily, within one week of job search got 1 job offer, 2 more in making (stopped taking calls from new perspective employers). I did not realise the market was that good. But, I am not sure if I want a job right now. I am trying to get my hands wet in business.

Things would have been different if I did not have GC. I would be looking for stupid "same or similar" job. Love this freedom.

Since you already did the excecise (About the job market ) - which areas of software you think, look good now ? And Congratulations on your new job.

mango_pickle said:
Since you already did the excecise (About the job market ) - which areas of software you think, look good now ? And Congratulations on your new job.
Well yeah, that helps us to think about the job change.
And Congratulations for your PINK SLIP :)

I am in ERP area... but the job market in general appears ok currently.

mango_pickle said: