SPAM: Got ripped off at Sear's

cal_aos_waiting

Registered Users (C)
As if applying for our 3rd EAD isn't bad enough, even Sears is taking advantage of our situation. I went in there to get 4 photograps for my application, and when it was all said and done, I paid $32.30 for just 4 small photographs....When is this all going to end :(

cal_aos_waiting said:
As if applying for our 3rd EAD isn't bad enough, even Sears is taking advantage of our situation. I went in there to get 4 photograps for my application, and when it was all said and done, I paid $32.30 for just 4 small photographs....When is this all going to end :(
I don't know where you are located. But we have something called CVS Pharmacy at our place there you can get as many as 16 pics for $4.00. It all depends if they run out of exact size of sheet they even print 24 pics for the same price.

funny you thinking of getting ripped off by sears ...what about INS..for another multiple sets of EAD/AP that is not even your choice....

cal_aos_waiting said:

cal_aos_waiting said:

Try out Costco. Heard it is the cheapest.

Wal-mart also sucks

4 pictures for my wife and I to extend passport, got charged 20 dollars

gondi said:
yeah I would recommend costco too. We got 6 photos on one sheet for around $5

I was always afraid that Costco won't make good green card - style pics for EADs/APs.

I recently discovered a local Photography Shop (they sell camera's) does do immigration/passport photos. The photos were much nicer, as the person has a lot of experience with cameras and new how to shoot well. Also he used a digital camera and printed them out and cut them to the required size. Only charged me 6.50 for two photos whereas previously I was paying 9.95 at Kinkos for really ordinary looking photos.

spirit said:
I recently discovered a local Photography Shop (they sell camera's) does do immigration/passport photos. The photos were much nicer, as the person has a lot of experience with cameras and new how to shoot well. Also he used a digital camera and printed them out and cut them to the required size. Only charged me 6.50 for two photos whereas previously I was paying 9.95 at Kinkos for really ordinary looking photos.

Yes, local photo studios are always better. In costco, drug stores people are not all that experienced cameramen, but they just learn to do the job. And they don't do it very frequently.

On the other hand, you really don't need high quality pictures for EAD or GC, because the picture in GC card is not high quality anyway (not better than your DL). Get pictures where it is cheap and their pictures meet ADIT requirements.

For my last EAD, I used my digital camera and photo printer. My wife took the the pictures at home and I got my EAD approved w/o any problems.

Better still do an e-file like I did recently, get them to take your photos. Only thing is you have to drive to an ASC, but I arranged it on a saturday morning.

140_takes_4ever said:
Chinese guy for me. :) But looks like ruxrux gets a better deal, I usually pay around 14-16 $

I agree, Chinese place was the cheapest at about $10 for 4 pictures, plus he gave us the negatives, and each reprint is only 50 cents a piece. After spending a phenomenal amount (like $80) for the first EAD, we shopped around the next time and used them for EAD and after 485 approval!!

me and my wife took photos from jc penny they charged $90+tax for 12 photos.there is :mad: lady don't know how to take immigration photos.my lawer itself rejected my wife's photos 2 times.my wife take 3 times paid in jcpenny
bcaz we don't have photos back from the layer for return.