SPAM: First attempt at early FP at SJC today

140_takes_4ever

Registered Users (C)
Woke up this morning, bright and fine,
Went to give INS these fingerprints of mine.

Yahoo maps din't function as expected,
Was lost and totally disgusted.

Finally found the damn place,
It was a building without character, or grace.

Went in with my documents and a smile,
Was kicked out promptly, by a guard so vile.

Should have listened to the advice of members so wise,
Will go at 3:30 pm in a new disguise.

Alas, INS with your charms so deadly,
Perpetually leave us feeling dejectedly.

140_takes_4ever said:
Woke up this morning, bright and fine,
Went to give INS these fingerprints of mine.

Yahoo maps din't function as expected,
Was lost and totally disgusted.

Finally found the damn place,
It was a building without character, or grace.

Went in with my documents and a smile,
Was kicked out promptly, by a guard so vile.

Should have listened to the advice of members so wise,
Will go at 3:30 pm in a new disguise.

Alas, INS with your charms so deadly,
Perpetually leave us feeling dejectedly.
Cool -- you have a bright new career to follow :D

Nice poem - sorry for the crappy experience though !

I didn't have any problems when I went for my FP in early Jan. Just walked in. There was no line, no questions asked. Went in the morning, I think around 9:00AM

Lucky you! There wasn't a line as such though some people were sitting and waiting. But my FP date is in September, and the way the guard behaved was as if it was a serious crime. Din't seem like he could read.

Will try again later in the week. Probably in the evening. I don't understand what their problem is? I can understand if they are busy, but the damn place could easily have accomodated 100 more people and not missed it.

Frustrating experience. Specially after getting lost thanks to Yahoo Maps! Remember people it is left on Charcot and not right as the map suggests. :(

Funnily, I asked a very nice white guy for directions to 122 Charcot, and he grins and says the INS service center? I was like yeah! And he laughs and says everyone asks for it. So I guess there are a lot of people who face the same problem.

Maps show 122 Charcot incorrectly. Tried yahoo and mappoint... both incorrect. they directed me to the other side of Charcot. no wonder USCIS chose that address.

Now you tell me! :)

I think INS has paid NavTech (the company both Yahoo and Mapquest use) to point people the wrong way. There is probably a department in INS titled, "Problems", whose mission statement is: "In how many different ways can INS make the lives of immigrants more miserable? Hmmm".

140_takes_4ever,

Sorry to hear that you were not allowed to go inside. However, I got my early FP done at Charcot center in June. On my first attempt, guard at the door did not allow me inside and told me politely to come on saturday after 11:00 AM. I went there again, the following Saturday at around 11:50 AM and was out of the application support center in 15 minutes. There were not many people in the center and it was a breeze for me. Would recommend you to do the same. If the guard tries to say something, just tell him that you are doing this based on his recommendation. I did just that and he allowed me inside without asking any questions. Hope it works for you as well. Best of luck. Keep us posted on your second visit experience.

WAC-02-133-5XXXX

My notice was scheduled for the last week of July . But I went to the San Jose center last Satuday around 2:00 pm. Very few people (< 10). No problems at all, guard allowed me in and it was over in 15 min.

Thanks for the tip pm_gc, olops. Was going to try Friday evening, but Saturday after noon works for me.

BTW, any news on your approval status? I don't know how far this is true, but I had sent my lawyer an email yesterday asking about general timelines for approval after FP, and she mentioned 60 days on an average. That pretty much bears out in the poll I posted yesterday. So in case you haven't received your approval already, it is probably on its way.

Can't tell you how much I am looking forward to ending this cycle of perpetual waiting!

This might very well be true. I was told that 2nd FP means "file with the officer".

140_takes_4ever said:
Thanks for the tip pm_gc, olops. Was going to try Friday evening, but Saturday after noon works for me.

BTW, any news on your approval status? I don't know how far this is true, but I had sent my lawyer an email yesterday asking about general timelines for approval after FP, and she mentioned 60 days on an average. That pretty much bears out in the poll I posted yesterday. So in case you haven't received your approval already, it is probably on its way.

Can't tell you how much I am looking forward to ending this cycle of perpetual waiting!

Actually, it was in the letter that I received in response to my faxes for 2nd FP. It states that 2nd FP will be issued when the case comes up for adjudication. My lawyer also said the same thing when 2nd FP was received... "the officer finally looked at your file".

And, in fact, I did receive approval 25 days after doing FP.

140_takes_4ever said:
ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGggggghhhhhhhh, all the more reason for an early FP! :( :( :( Where did you get that titbit from goodsaint?

Was going to try Friday evening, but Saturday after noon works for me.

Although the office hours are from 8 - 4 if you plan to go there Saturday afternoon (or maybe any afternoon) plan to be there before 3:15 as I heard the lady officer tell someone on the phone that they don't accept applicants after 3:15 pm. So plan accordingly.

Good luck 140_takes_4ever and I hope you get your approval very soon !!

You guys are the absolute BEST! Thanks for sharing the wealth of information. Definitely makes me feel good about this process. Will try to go there around 2:30 pm. The guard should hopefully be taking a siesta, and I can sneak in.

Thanks once again.

Ha!!! I also turned right into Charcot, instead of left!!!

We went in at 3:10 for early FP and nobody asked anything. It was a Wednesday.

I turned right on charcot too. But only the first time. I got used to going to Charcot after being rejected for early FP a few times.

The lady at the desk asked me why I went 'so' early. and it was 2years after my first FP.

Good luck 140!

I tried going in for my 2nd FP this morning. Didn't work. Will try Saturday!

ruxrux said:
Ha!!! I also turned right into Charcot, instead of left!!!

We went in at 3:10 for early FP and nobody asked anything. It was a Wednesday.

pinnacle_man said:
I tried going in for my 2nd FP this morning. Didn't work. Will try Saturday!

I got my early FP done today at 2:30pm there.
The guard saw my notice paper and told me that I needed to talk to the lady behind the desk.
She asked me why I was there so early (9/3 was the scheduled date)
I told her I will be out of town for a business trip on that day, which is true.
She asked me if I was telling the truth and I said "yes, yes". She told me to fill out the form. :)

There was no one else and I left there after 5 minutes. :D

Got to complete 2nd FP at SJC - Saturday 1.30 pm

Both my wife and myself got to complete the 2nd FP today at 1.30 pm.

People inside were very courteous. There were 2 other people who came for FP. So got in and out in 15 minutes.