SPAM: a possible slow-down in 485s??

linuxrox

Registered Users (C)
My attorney was sorta sugegsting that the USCIS is going to take things a bit easy till the elections are over, as there could be regulation changes once a new govt comes in. Attorney also thinks thats going to affect the 485 processing and we may not see much of movement for the next 3-4 months in the JIT too.

Post here if you get any feedback on this from ur attorney/their offices.

Thanks!

This kind of info is really good to hear ... We really need it!

Well let me tell me what I think:

I think that your liar (lawyer) is a POS (piece of s##t) and he fabricated this tale to shut you up. Hey, I have the same here ... The last time I asked my liar to do something, he replied ... I am having my donuts now so call me back when I finish.

These f#### liars took the money and they did nothing, you hear me nothing to help us.

Good day!

GC_1881 said:
Thanks!

This kind of info is really good to hear ... We really need it!

Well let me tell me what I think:

I think that your liar (lawyer) is a POS (piece of s##t) and he fabricated this tale to shut you up. Hey, I have the same here ... The last time I asked my liar to do something, he replied ... I am having my donuts now so call me back when I finish.

These f#### liars took the money and they did nothing, you hear me nothing to help us.

Good day!
Yo dude .... chill :D

If your "liar" is hooked on donuts, just find someone else that's already been through donut rehab - simple, uh !!!
Just one more of the advantage of living in a capitalistic free society !

linuxrox: I really hope your attorney is being overly conservative -- but with CIS who knows ??? Esp with the concurrent pilot rumored to end ....

linuxrox,

I truly hope your laywer is talking through his hat. It will be simple terrible if the processing slows down. Specially since they have no reason to slow it down. The backlogs are still out there. And for the first time they don't seem to have any other important priorities.

If the 485 processing speed slows down it will mean a lot of heart ache. Specially for those 02 and 03 applicants still waiting.

But it is a fact that for the past few years they shut down shop for a few days to take stock of the situation come October. Some sort of internal auditing process. During which they will work on cases but not send out approval notices. I hope they skip that stage this year.

Here is wishing good luck for all the waiting applicants.

Maybe come october they will implement the pilot program to all the categories adn we will see faster approvals. Be optimistic.

140_takes_4ever said:
I truly hope your laywer is talking through his hat. It will be simple terrible if the processing slows down. ... If the 485 processing speed slows down it will mean a lot of heart ache. Specially for those 02 and 03 applicants still waiting.
Come on guys! What's a big deal! Just another year of waiting, another $250 for AP and EAD! Didn't we get used to it?
:(

redneck said:
Come on guys! What's a big deal! Just another year of waiting, another $250 for AP and EAD! Didn't we get used to it?
:(
another year $250 for AP and EAD is a BIG DEAL!!!!!! for many people

It's not just money

It means a lot to me: i need a career change and relocate to another state. If the momentum slows down, i will have to suffer another year.

Baywatcher

talkative said:
Oh trust me, $250 is not all that bad. My wife's losing $60k/year because stupid BCIS will not issue her an EAD..
I trust you on that talkative, but the point is we are in a trap and no way out of it except probably to
1. keep filing for APs, EAD extensions hoping the new AP and EAD approvals come soon.
2.abandon the whole thing if that is an option once in for all and forget US and go elsewhere (might turn to be a costly one in the long term but it is all relative to the individual person's situation.

Looooong time back I was traveling from somewhere to somewhere in India by train. The train was running late by about three/four hours for a 8 hours journey and it stopped at one station. A 'chaywala' came to our passenger car and told us that he checked with the station master and learned that the train is going to stop at this station for at least 6 hours ! Everybody panicked, he sold a lot of tea that day and the train started in 10 minutes !!!

Lesson learned - every spoken or written word is not necessarily true !!

This post refreshed my memory with the above story !!

I have not read, heard, saw anywhere that 485 processing is going to slow down - other than this post here. I hope, linuxrox, your attorney is wrong.

FunnyWait said:
Looooong time back I was traveling from somewhere to somewhere in India by train. The train was running late by about three/four hours for a 8 hours journey and it stopped at one station. A 'chaywala' came to our passenger car and told us that he checked with the station master and learned that the train is going to stop at this station for at least 6 hours ! Everybody panicked, he sold a lot of tea that day and the train started in 10 minutes !!!

Lesson learned - every spoken or written word is not necessarily true !!

This post refreshed my memory with the above story !!

I have not read, heard, saw anywhere that 485 processing is going to slow down - other than this post here. I hope, linuxrox, your attorney is wrong.
Good Anology. It sounds like rumour. One should not be carried away with wrong ideas and suggestions. USCIS does its job at its own pace. Eventually every one will be happy when green card comes to hands.

baywatcher said:
It means a lot to me: i need a career change and relocate to another state. If the momentum slows down, i will have to suffer another year.
In this case you are cheating, baywatcher. You are not supposed to have such intentions ;)

FunnyWait said:
A 'chaywala' came to our passenger car and told us that he checked with the station master and learned that the train is going to stop at this station for at least 6 hours ! Everybody panicked, he sold a lot of tea that day and the train started in 10 minutes !!!

Har-har!! This is a good one!!! Reminds me of early eighties at home, when people were more gullible than today; there was a gypsy woman posing as a toilet lady at a bus terminal in a small north Adriatic coastal town. She was selling toilet paper (paperwalla !) to everyone who wanted to use the stalls. Her kid was sitting in the washbasin, crying all the time, while she argued with everyone who didn't want to pay for taking a crap.

results speak for themselves

the number of approvals has definitely slowed down a bit in the month of sept, compared to july and august!!
lets see how october and november go!
Even the EAD/AP approvals are slowing down!

Linuxrox,

Are you basing your comment on your observations on these boards, or do you have some figures? If the latter, can you post them, please?

Thanks.