Sorting out the 2fp issue

GCNG

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

This forum has been very helpful, but one thing confuses me. My Fp received date is May 30, 2002. Should I be worried if I haven't gotten a second FP notice? Can my March 20 RD still be approved without a 2nd FP request?

Thanks and good luck to all!

You should be worried that you did not get an FP notice till now. It is a good idea to approach senator/congress person or start an enquiry by calling the toll-free customer service.

This is what we have deducted so far regarding the 2nd Fp generation. If your case has not been touched and the FP expired, a 2nd FP will be generated. Otherwise there are chances that it will not be generated.

GCNG, contacting NCSC is of no good because they will not issue a status query until 20 months have expired from your 485 RD, also it is not a good idea to contact senator/congressmen now because it is too early for a March RD. Just wait and pray to god you may get approved without any 2nd FP and further hassle

GCNG

On an average, people are getting 2nd FP notice 18 months after 1st FP. So you should wait for some time.

On the other hand, we've also seen some approvals where 1st FP was expired (15 months) - but 18 months had not completed. So there's a chance that your case will get approved without 2nd FP.

About contacting senator - I would keep it as my last option. I wouldn't want to use it off now for 2nd FP.

Well, just my opinion - Here're my details.

I have also not received 2nd FP till now... Its 18 months past due... March 20 was my 1st FP

Now I had asked for an inquiry on my case, lets hope to get 2nd FP soon...

GCNG - U have high chacne of getting approved soon

GCNG - U have high chance of getting approved soon as I guess you have May Last for your first FP.

Just hold on...I guess you got it.

Approval without 2nd FP

There has been approvals without 2nd FP even though it was due.
Yours is only 3 weeks after expiration of 1st FP, still wait for some more time.

Its here...

Guys, thanks for all your responses. Opened my mailbox this evening and got my 2nd fp notice. It was dated Sept 24th - a day or two before I posted my concerns and postmarked Sept 29th.

I am scheduled for OCt 22nd but I may go one Saturday before then.

Does 2nd fp guarantee quick adjudication?? I hope so.

Later

Hi GCNG,

Which location is your second FP scheduled at?

My FP1 date is same as yours, RD is Feb/02, and the FP was at New Rochelle, NY. I haven't received 2nd FP notice yet.

Thank you.

Jigesh

Since U did FP1 on 5/30/02 and INS would have got back from FBI early June02, FP would have expired by Sep02.
Usually FP2's are generated atleast 3 weeks after FP1 expiration., if they aren't yet assigned to an officer.
If assigned to officer, it takes time to get FP2, based on the date he looks at ur case..! U may get approval direct or he would generate an FP2.
Oflate few cases whose FP1's have recently expired got approved.
So either case, U just have to wait a couple of weeks..Most likely ur case might be approved, if it's with an officer..Good Luck..
Having waited for long...Hold on for 2 more weeks..! Lets Hope for the Best.

Thanks a lot vijayrc for your words of encouragement..Wish your words would come true! I wrote my FP date as 05/30 - it was a typo and the real date is 04/30/02. The FP was received on 05/06/02 by the INS - so 15 months are over in 08/2003.

Frankly, I am not expecting my approval in 2003, mainly because I am an NIW-based applicant and 99% (my estimate only) they will transfer my case for interview at NYC (meaning another 8-10 months wait) judging from the similar category posts on this forum.

Best wishes,

Jigesh