1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soon to become naturalized US citizen. How to bring wife and child to US? Visitor or K Visa?

Discussion in 'General K Visas and Related Issues' started by UAsInUsa, Jan 27, 2017.

  1. UAsInUsa

    UAsInUsa New Member


    Can someone please guide me fastest way to bring family to US?

    I plan to bring wife and our 6 months young daughter to US. I am confused about filing I130. I am thinking bringing the family on K visa and file it when they are here. My daughter does not have passport yet. I think she should have Indian passport if she wants to travel to US but I am not sure.

    Thanks! Your will be appreciated.
  2. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    You would petition each of them with an I-130 petition, and they will go through consular processing in India to get immigrant visas to immigrate to the US. Yes, each person will need a passport to get a visa and to travel internationally.

    K-1 is for fiances; your wife is not your fiance as you guys are married. K-3 is obsolete.
  3. UAsInUsa

    UAsInUsa New Member

    Thanks newacct for your reply.

    What are my options? Can I bring them to USA on vistior/Tourist visa once I become US Citizen? Is there a way to apply for I130 here after they arrived here?
  4. newacct

    newacct Well-Known Member

    They will likely be denied a visa or denied entry if they try to enter the US with intent to immigrate while here.

Share This Page