Son - US citizen, Affidivit of support I-134 is

Thanks Moulin &SVJ

since he is a kid and I have to support him, that raised a flag whether I-134 is needed for him or not. You are right. Thanks for your quick responses.

Toddler - US citizen

Do y'all know whether we can take our son inside Chennai consulate when we go for our interview?. He's a toddler and US CITIZEN.

Please post any experience or insight into it
thanks

by knowledge I got from earlier postings

no need to take the kid who is US Citizen for interview, but we have to carry his birth certificate, passport and other related stuff (if you have) for the interview.

Cper's please confrim this.

Thanks.

We have no choice

Since we are visitors in Chennai, we have no choice but to take our son inside with us. We are hoping that we can take him with us.

Please share your thoughts

thanks

I-134

The I-134 is required to be filled out by the main applicant for all dependants, even US citizens. I filled one out for my 1 year old American born daughter. The A of S is to show that *I* have the ability to support *everyone* in my family, not just those that are immigrating. It's to give an overall picture of your financial situation. Honestly, I would fill one out for your son...it's really no big deal.

I brought my American daughter to my interview (Montreal). She was so cute when she waved hello to the Consular Officer :).

Thanks leroythelion, it's true, filling out I-134

will not take much time. You are experienced CPer so I will defenetly take your advice. I will carry filled I-134 for my son also, whether chennai consulate will ask me or not it is wise to carry one more document & also I-134 has to be noterized, so to avoid last minute confusions I will take this document.

Thanks again.

WhiteRose

Last edited by a moderator:
GC1seeker..

I will send an e-mail to the consulate and find out if they allow US born toddlers inside the building along with candidates. It seems like at the gate they check the names on the interview letter and allow only them.

Please let me know if you find out any as I too have a US born toddler. My case has not reached the consulate yet else I would have sent an e-mail.

Thanks

Taking your toddler US Citizen son inside...

I had gone to Mumbai Last Year (May 2001), and took my 18 mths old daughter inside. (US Consulate had said "yes" for the same).
Hopefully rules shouldn't be different/changed since then for Chennai.

Immi2me..

Thank you very much for your info. This solved one of my worries related to CP. I will send an e-mail and get an YES to take my son for interview at chennai. Thanks again.