Son doing pre-med in a US uni - admission to medical school requires residency

sppokemon

My son is doing his pre-med in a US uni. After two years when he wants to join a Medical school, the quota for an international student is very low (I think like 0.5 per cent). I stay outside US and if I become a green card holder, then there is a possibility that the quota may go up and he stands a better chance to get a medical seat.

I have no clue how to get a green card other than applying for a EB5 which is quite expensive.

Request members in the forum to suggest any other method that I can ensure that my son can get a seat in a Medical School.

Appreciate any clues, suggestions. Thanks in advance. Regards,

Since you are not now on track to receive a GC through employment or family petition, it is virtually impossible to get one in time to do anything to improve your child's chances of getting into medical school via your immigration status in the US.

Tens of thousands of US citizens wish to go to medical school and cannot gain admission. I'm sure a large number of foreign nationals are in the same position. You son can certainly apply just as the others have. If he is admitted, congratulations; if he is not, SOL and he should go elsewhere or choose another career.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to get your son a seat in a medical school. Unlike in some countries, bribery of university officials will not work.

I suggest that he look at options in your/his home country in the event he is denied entry in the US.