son/daughter of two green card holders born outside US

frust

Registered Users (C)
Hi, here is the scenario:

parents received green cards and started working in their home country. they maintain their green card by coming to US frequently. then they had their boy/daughter in their home country, how long can the kid get green card? Is it true that if the kid was brought to US by the parents within two years after birth and the kid will be given green card at the port of the entry?
Please advise.

frust,
please follow the detailed thread in "Life After GC " Forum.. Its pretty informative.

And you are right about the 2 yr thing. The catch there is that the kid has to come back to US along on the first trip of the parents to US after the kid is born...

also if the parents travelled abroad already gettin GC and the child was born abroad then that child can come back and get GC automatically as well.

Hi same thing happend to me i gve birth in the philippines. I brought my child right before his birthday. :)

You could bring ur child back to usa if she/he is under 2 years old.
Your child should have: passport, original birthcertificate, travel docment (you can get this at us embassy at your country) some required receipts and proof that you gave birth.../ medical records

What country are u from? :)