Something Unusual

ladka

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends

Me and my wife applied for citizenship last February (received data: Feb 4, 2008). She got interview letter last week for May 9th, 2008. However, I have not received anything. Bot of us did FP last month. I am the primary applicant for greencard.

Have any of you been in such situation? Any idea why I am not getting interview notice?

Thanks in advance.
Ladka

Hello friends

Me and my wife applied for citizenship last February (received data: Feb 4, 2008). She got interview letter last week for May 9th, 2008. However, I have not received anything. Bot of us did FP last month. I am the primary applicant for greencard.

Have any of you been in such situation? Any idea why I am not getting interview notice?

Thanks in advance.
Ladka

That is FAST !!! What is your & wife's DO ?

Hello friends

Thanks in advance.
Ladka

What's unusual is that she got an interview in three months! What is your DO? Is this a military application?

My wife's PD (receiving date) is February 4, 2008. The application was mailed sometime in January. This is not a military application. Just regular one. My PD (receiving date) is also February 4, 2008. But I have not heard anything from them.

Ladka

My wife's PD (receiving date) is February 4, 2008. The application was mailed sometime in January. This is not a military application. Just regular one. My PD (receiving date) is also February 4, 2008. But I have not heard anything from them.

Ladka

Again, what is your district office? I think you'll find that whatever it is, your wife's timeline is well in advance of what other people are experiencing. USCIS officially projects 13-15 months, so consider yourselves lucky that at least one of you slipped through the cracks.

We live in MD. We mailed the paper to Vermont Center. My wife's interview will be in Baltimore, MD.

Ladka

too early to say-maybe namecheck

Hi Ladka,

Since your wife's application went through toooooo fast, we cant really say that you are late. However relative to her if you did not get the IL, that may mean postal delay or maybe you are stuck in name check.

My wife and I applied together in 04/07 she got IL in 09/07 and got oath on 12/07 while I am stuck in name check. Maybe you are in same situation.(Hope that is not true).

and being primary applicant for GC does not matter at all. I was the primary applicant also but once you get greencard they are all the same for everyone regardless of who was primary applicant.

But in your case even though you will get into namecheck, USCIS and FBI has aggressive goals for it so you may be done latest by Feb 2009 which is still within 1 year so just relax and take it easy.

Regards

Thanks, waitingforins2.

How can I check whether I am in "name check"? Thanks in advance.

Ladka

We live in MD. We mailed the paper to Vermont Center. My wife's interview will be in Baltimore, MD.

Ladka

Baltimore is one of the slower DOs in the country. They are currently interviewing for May 2007 applications. Your wife is a year ahead of the game. I wouldn't be suprised if they got the year of her application mixed up somewhere along the way.

You can try to schedule an Infopass appointment, or to get an Immigration Officer on the phone if you're concerned about the status of your case. Given how early in the game it is, they may not take you too seriously.

this is very frustrating. Baltimore is my DO too and while happy for wife, can't help feel jealous someone didn't pick my 'cleared name and background' for an interview date.

Open an Inquiry

Ladka,

You need to call customer service and open an inquiry. Or you can send an application to USCIS ombudsman's office. They will open an inquiry and then USCIS will respond to you.(This whole process takes 2-3 months).

Please remember that you are not "outside" of normal processing window so they may not open an inquiry. I would say wait another 2/3 months and then start the process. If you are lucky enough to talk to IO when you call customer service, they may tell you but I read in some other threads that they sometimes give conflicting information.

I will say you are getting too anxious too fast. Relax..your wife got extremely lucky to get it so soon. You may still get it..start worrying(although it is of no use) after July/aug.

I know..I can tell from experience it is but natural to get anxious but at this point there is nothing that you can do.

Regards

I would keep my mouth quiet. If you call up and mention your wife's case, they may realize she wasn't supposed to get it so fast. And because naturalization applications are not tied together, you can't expect them to speed up yours because hers got picked so quickly.

Another exellent example of severe discrepancies in processing times between PDs, this time at the same DO. It appears that USCIS is using a staggered system rather than FIFO to adjudicate cases in order to increase the average processing time. For example, if they adjudicate two old cases, then the average processing time will be old, but if they adjudicate a recent one and an old one then the average will be more recent. Just a theory, but something I wouldn't be surprised they are doing to weigh the averages. (Average processing time based on adjudicated cases and PD rather than on total of cases pending).

whoa, that's fast. Your wife is lucky! Husband and wife usually don't get their interview notices at the same time. Each applicant's N400 case is reviewed independently and separately at DO.

Tell your wife good luck for May 9 interview! May 9 is Friday. Not sure if it is interview-oath day or just interview day at Balitmore DO since Wednesday and Thursday are interview-oath days at Balitmore DO (I have seen many cases and my friend's case)

Or may be her picture was dashing!
That's is a MAJOR decision factor ...:D

GhantaBro... truly , once after you got adjudicated you should NOT leave this forum... we really need your humor in the middle of prolonged- USCIS-anxiety Sahara man....:D:D
I would suggest you to become one of the Honorable Moderator ...

I think that dude FAITH was correct about that... seems like USCIS has started to do Interview before Background check again!!!

No. They seem to be placing applications in queue for interview before namecheck is complete. If they try to schedule and namecheck isn't cleared, there is no interview. Mrs. Ladka's case seems to be something entirely different.

Hello friends

Thanks in advance.
Ladka

ladka,
congrats for your wife and enjoy the ANOMALY....