Someone Help Please

Indian_girl

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I sponsored my mother who is already in US and submitted all the paperwork last week to Chicago Lockbox using Fed-Ex. They recieved the documents two days later. My mother's I-94 is expiring on 07th Oct.'06. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the reciept notice from INS? If we don't recieve the reciept notice from them before 7th Oct. '06 Can my Mom still stay here legally? I would really appreciate someone's help on this.

My mother is on B1/B2(visitor) 10 year multiple entry visa. She came here in April '06 and was given six months to stay in this country. Now her I-94 is expiring on 07th Oct.'06

My Mom's case was also similar. Don't worry about the validity of I-94. From the date when USCIS received your I-485 Package, she is in valid AOS. Even if you don't receive the Receipt notice before I-94 expiration date (but you definitely will get the Receipt notice(s) before 7th Oct), she is still in valid status.

Once your mum receives the I-485 receipt, she's no longer holds the non-immigrant visa.

You'll receive the receipt way before 10/7.

According to USCIS website:
NOTE: Due to an unusually large volume of receipts at the Service Centers, it is taking longer than expected to enter cases into the system. Depending on the type of case and service requested, it may take approximately 14 days to generate and mail receipt notices. Once the receipt notice has been generated, it may take an additional 2 to 3 days for customers to receive their receipt notices in the mail. Per existing policies and procedures, requests for Premium Processing Service will continue to be processed within 15 days. USCIS wishes to assure all customers that the original received date will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the "Received Date" box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date is different from the "Notice Date", which also appears on Form I-797. The Notice Date is the date the receipt notice was actually generated. USCIS has taken appropriate measures to address this situation.

Based ont he above stmt, there's no way ur mum will incur illegal stay. As such immediate family of US Citizen's illegal stay is pardoned. It is non-issue.

So get ur BP lowered and relax. Good LUCK!!!!