Somebody please help!!!

zaq

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I got laid off about six weeks ago and still have not found another job. Meanwhile, I got the notice from INS of doing FP on December 28, 2001. What should I do? Go for it or reschedule? Gurus, please help!!!

Please tell me why

Would you please tell me why you suggest I go for the FP. What will happen between FP and I-485 approval? What might INS ask me to provide? My lawyer suggests that I reschedule another date and she says I should have a job when I do the FP. Is it right?

No Title

I do not agree with ur lawyer. FP has to do nothing with the job. If u have completed 180 days then u r safe, otherwise u might have difficulties if INS raises RFE.

Reach 180 days by the end of January

Sorry, I forgot one piece of important information: I will reach 180 days by the end of January, 2002. Got laid off in November, and received FP appointment notice for December28. What should I do?
thanks for the help.

I believe...

you don\'t have to worry about it. It\'s only FP and not RFE for pay stubs or employment letter. I don\'t think the officer is going to give you an interview before letting you do the FP. Relax.

This is just my opinion...

You Just Go for Finger Printing. No Questions Asked for FP.

Zaq, Here are my two cents...

you just do the finger priting, there is no point delaying it. It\'ll delay your final I-485. Most of the people won\'t agree with your lawayer. FP is nothing to do with you are in job or not, it just check your criminal background and hopefully you don\'t have any :)

So go for FP on Scheduled date or Before that.

And meanwhile look for another job, most probably you\'ll get one in January.

INS may not ask anything from you, but if they ask just sent the offer letter of new company and you should be fine.

Good Luck.