Somebody please clarify....

ASGK

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
For the OCI card, does the MHA in India say it's "Granted" and then the processing comes to CGINY, and they send in the letter for our US passports-

Is this how it works?? And what happens, if it's "under Process" and I go to India, and once it says "Granted", while I'm in India, could I go in India to get the actual booklet, card??????-
I'm sorry - Hope you can understand my questions"
1) Do the OCI booklets / Sticker, etc.. when they come from INDIA, have our names already on them, or are they blank and then CGINY puts our names??
2) Can I get the OCI sticker (U Visa), and the OCI booklet while in India if it says "Granted"?????

Thanks,

From what I can see, it is only the sticker that is sent from India. The OCI card (which is like a passport) is processed at CGINY. So if you go to India, I don't think you can get the OCI card & sticker because your file is maintained at CGINY. Although the scanned copies of all your docs do go to New Delhi.

If you are out, the sticker & OCI card will wait for you at CGINY. They are now posting the U visa numbers that they have received and allow you to go there and get it put into your PP.

Specifically -
1) Not sure, but only Stickers come from India
2) Do you seriously think that the slow, deliberate, and complex Govt. machinary will provide that kind of Customer Service???

OCI application

I am applying for an OCI for my daughter who is 3 months old.I have already registered PartA of the application online and have printed out Part B of the application.I have the following doubts regarding Part B.I tried calling 202-939-9860 but was not able to reach any one in the help line.

1) For item 22 i have mentioned the names of the applicant's (my daughter's) grand father and grand mother as the family members staying in India. Should i include myself and my wife in this list with our permanent addresses in India,since we are the parents. Currently we are residing in USA.

2) For item 24

a) i am just filling the portion which says **Application for Minor(s) & printing my signature (or should i place my daughter's thumb print like i do in the fist page signature

box) .Please confirm this is right.

b) I am leaving the portion which starts "I/We,....do solemnly..". Please confim that this is right.

3) How do i self attest the documents.

4) And i am adding the following documents as enclosures

a) My applicants's passport copy (2 copies)

b) Birth certificate (2 copies)

c) Passport copies of myself and my wife (2 copies)

d)OCI fee $275+$15 with self addressed envelop (what is the dimension for this envelop ?)

I would appreciate your help in clarifying these doubts.

GCTitan said:
I am applying for an OCI for my daughter who is 3 months old.I have already registered PartA of the application online and have printed out Part B of the application.I have the following doubts regarding Part B.I tried calling 202-939-9860 but was not able to reach any one in the help line.

1) For item 22 i have mentioned the names of the applicant's (my daughter's) grand father and grand mother as the family members staying in India. Should i include myself and my wife in this list with our permanent addresses in India,since we are the parents. Currently we are residing in USA.

> I don't think so..There is no need to list your spouse and your name there AFAIK.

2) For item 24

a) i am just filling the portion which says **Application for Minor(s) & printing my signature (or should i place my daughter's thumb print like i do in the fist page signature

box) .Please confirm this is right.

> I believe on Part A form, on the top, the infant's left thumb
> impression is required, but please check the specific instructions.

b) I am leaving the portion which starts "I/We,....do solemnly..". Please confim that this is right.

> As far as part B is concerned, I guess you will need to sign it.

3) How do i self attest the documents.

>Based on someone (I guess mangal) stating in his post, I
> did the same. Just say

This is the true copy of the original.

(Sign your name)

4) And i am adding the following documents as enclosures

a) My applicants's passport copy (2 copies)

b) Birth certificate (2 copies)

c) Passport copies of myself and my wife (2 copies)

> NOtarized PIO card copy if they have PIO (seems like they
> don't since you are stating $275 as the fees down below)

d)OCI fee $275+$15 with self addressed envelop (what is the dimension for this envelop ?)

> As long as the contents fit in, I don't think it matters..

I would appreciate your help in clarifying these doubts.

> Again this is what I did when I recently submitted my family's OCI application.

Hi ,

I just filled the OCI application form for my 6 month old son.For part 24 a) We solemnly.....parents name (on behalf of kid's name) and both parents signed just above the signature and wrote(on behalf of kid's name) and on signature ....place thumb impression
24 b) I parent of ...kid's 's name ...and we signed on behalf of kid and on the signature area thumb impression of kid since its asking for signature of first applicant.
and for self attested copies both parents signed on copies that contained kid's information and kid's thumb impression too
Is it ok ..
Any comments on this...

Filling OCI Application for minor alone

I just filled the OCI application form for my 6 month old son.
For part 24 a) We solemnly ..parents name.. (on behalf of kid's name) and for the signature part
ON BEHALF OF KID'S NAME
..both parents signed (father) , ( mother)just above the signature area and
kid's thumb impression on signature area
24 b) I parent of ...kid's 's name ...and for the signature part we wrote
ON BEHALF OF KID'S NAME
both parents signature (father) , (mother) just above signature area and
kid's thumb impression on signature area
since its asking for signature of first applicant even in PART B.

And for self attested copies both parents signed on behalf of kid ,stating (father) , (mother) and kid's thumb impression too

Is it ok ..
Any comments on this...

Filling OCI Application for minor alone

I just filled the OCI application form for my 6 month old son.
For part 24 a) We solemnly ..parents name.. (on behalf of kid's name) and for the signature part
ON BEHALF OF KID'S NAME
..both parents signed signature(father) , signature( mother)just above the signature area and kid's thumb impression on signature area
24 b) I parent of ...kid's 's name ...and for the signature part we wrote
ON BEHALF OF KID'S NAME
both parents signed signature (father) , signature (mother) just above signature area and kid's thumb impression on signature area
since its asking for signature of first applicant even in PART B.

And for self attested copies both parents signed on behalf of kid ,stating signature(father) , signature(mother) and just below that kid's thumb impression too

Is it ok ..
Any comments on this...

I had my 1 year old son's thumb impression in the signature/thumb impression box. do not put your signature there. I had self attested my documents too not notorized. My application is now granted.