Somebody got an answer from check of status at Newark (NJ) office?

malda

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
My case was tranfer to Newark for an interview. My case is only pending due to the Cia check. I asked over the phone for an update in my case, they told me I will receive it in the mail in 30 days. Nothing has arrived, I'm wondering if somebody got it.
By the way, somebody approved after inteview in Newark?.
Thanks for your information.
Malda

Hi! there

Nice to hear you again.

There is no any news about our status until now. I saw some one post a news that he got the approve almost 4 month later after interview. Hang on there we will get it finally.

Cheers.

Hi Sept485_du!:)

Is so nice to listen from you, I din't know if you were still around.
If you get any news let me know.... I'm really tired to wait...
Cheers,
Malda

my wife had the interview on dec 3 2002
after 4 weeks i called the INS, i received the letter from INS, saying my wife's case is transfered to the examination unit.

i dont know what that means.

andrew

Where exactly did you call, Andrew?

My wife interviewed in the beginning of Feb., was told to wait for CIA, heard nothing afterwards.

Hi

RD: 09/06/2001

My case was transfered to the Local Newark office on 10/11/2002, had an interview on 11/25/2002. The case was pending security clearance. Case got approved on 04/02/03.

malda,

I'm waiting for my interview letter.

Can you give the phone # that you used to call Newark BCIS to check the status of your interview.

I got the Newark phone # from BCIS website but the lady I talked to told me that she can't give me any info over the phone. She said I need to go to Newark to get any information.

Thanks.

Hi everybody,

Mycase18: I call to BCIS to ask for the status of my case after the interview not before.

bjayaraj: Congratulations in the approval, and as CP_AOS said thanks for giving us hope.

sept485_du, andrew77 and CP_AOS: Please post if you get the approval.

Thanks to all,
Malda

bjayaraj

Bjayaraj,

Can you post your interview details?
Was your case a transfer case from another Service Center or all processing from VSC. If possible documents for your interview...

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Tan.

Sure Mycase18,

The phone I called was 1-800-375-5283.
Once somebody told me that the cases tranferred to Newark office go by RD of the I-485 application when they schedule the interview. I don;t know if this could be the delay in your case.

Good luck,
Malda

Hi all

for the interview , they asked for the medical reports (had to do it again since it is valid for a year and the AO asked for the I-94, employment letter. She tookl the I-94 out and cancelled the expired H-1s in the passport by drawing a line across the visa.
asked for my parents name and country where I resided last. She filled some forms and told me that the FBI check was ok and now they had to do additional checks and would take a month and half, but actually took 4 months and 7 days to be precise.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to u all:)

malda

Thanks for sharing the info. Do you know which RD cases they are currently scheduling interviews for?

help

My case was transferred to Newark office on 10/11 and was interviewed on 11/23. I was told by the immigration officer that my case will be approved when the frezze is lifted off. I have not received any reply from INS and still waiting to hear status on my case . I was not able to get any help by calling tel #1800 3755283 which is NSC no . Is there any other tel no( direct no to call INS Newark office ) to find the status of my case . Did anyone who was interviewed during the freeze period got his approval . I would appreciate if you can guide me how to find the status of my case and also update me for any similar case getting approval

Thanks,
Isingh

Mycase18,
Sorry but I don't know. Maybe some other people have post something that can give you an idea. Which is your RD?.

isingh,
I have read in the forum about other people that was also interview during the freeze. Search "interview Newark office" or similar to read them. It's difficult to get status situation after the interview. The phone that I called is the same, you have to ask if they can check the status of your case after the interview, they take your data and the'll send you a letter at home the situation. Anyway, looks like the best way to get an update in the case is to go in person to the local office, or at least this is what my layer told me.
Good luck to all,
Malda