Somebody approved after interview in Newark??

malda

Registered Users (C)
My case was transfer to a local office, I got my interview in Newark on 1/9/03. They told me my case is only pending on CIA check. Somebody knows how long this can take?.

Thanks,
Malda

Hi! Malda

We are in the same boat. No one knows when this check will over. Anyway this is the only one thing left. We will get it finally.

Cheers :) :) :)

Cheers sept485_du!:)

Is nice to listen from you. I think you got your interview just a few days before mine. I sent you a message but maybe you have not check your messages. I was trying to keep contact because probably when you get approved mine will come soon. Minimum... I hope so :)...
Do we have any way to check for the status of our case?.

Will keep in contact.
Malda

Me too. I cheched AVM and on-line. Both of them were old message. As I heard once our case were transfered to local we lost the ability to trace our status. The only thing we can do is cross our fingures .

Keep in touch.

:) :) :)

we interviewed on 11/22 at newark. and we are still waiting. let me know if you got the approval letter. I will ask my lawyer to follow up if we hear nothing by 2/15.

Hi....

Hi,

Gentlemen, Congrats on getting interviewed.

After getting interviewed, did the officer take away your EAD and Parole as is the normal practice?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Hi Singapore,
Please, let us know if you get the approval notice or if you find out something through your layer.
Lets keep in contact,
Malda

Hi GC_JULY_2001,

In my case they only took the I-94 from my passport but not EAD or advance parole. Anyway we were interviewed but not yet approved, then we still need this documents until they will stamp the passport.

Malda

malda, i will definitely let you guys know if i hear anything. we are among the very first people that are interviewed in newark after the freeze. the freeze started in the afternoon of 11/21 and we went in the next morning. the officer told us that she will send us letter once it is clear. but we heard nothing from her. I am worried that the security check was not established well in the newark local office. let's keep our fingers crossed.

cia security check

i'm so glad to hear from everyone.
i am in a similar case. i had my interview on 12/19/02 after my case was transfered to newark, and i got the paper that said the security check would take 30 to 90 days, but today is the 90th day and i haven't gotten any replies yet, i guess with everything going on right now, the date doesn't apply any longer.
if anyone has gotten their approval after the interview and passed the security check, please let me know, so i know approximately how long it would take..
many thanx.

case transferred to nyc

My case has been transferred.
Once the interview is scheduled, will BCIS local office will send a interview letter both to me and my lawyer
or only to the lawyer?

Please respond

Approved after interview in Newark

My wife and I had our interview in Newark this week, and we got our passports stamped. Mine was an EB1-OR case. None of the documents were requested in the interview letter (nothing in the list was checked). We still carried all possible documents with us, but didn't redo our medicals. The interview itself was very straightforward and lasted less than 15 mts. I voluntarily told them about my recent job change which I hadn't informed INS about previously. (I submitted a current employment letter, two paystubs, and a cover letter). There were a few simple questions about my job, when we got married, when we first entered the US, etc. The interviewer was very friendly. Early on, she said that our name checks were complete and that she would be able to approve us the same day. We submitted our EADs, but we weren't asked for photgraphs. Our transfer date was 12/23/02, and we recd our interview letter on 1/30/03. Good luck to all, and thanks to the folks on this forum for your help and support.

My wife just received approval notice from Newark

60 days after interview. 20 months total for I-485.

Congratulations CP_AOS!

Maybe you don't check any longer this forum if your wife is already approved, but thanks to let us know on the approval.
My case is still pending. The interview was in January and around 18 moths from I-485 notice date.
Some approvals give us hope:)

Malda