Some Useful Info - PR Status Valid or Not

Siddiqui, did you mention US income on your taxes?

Salam!

Did you mention US income for all three years while filing Canadian taxes. If so, what did you say? You tellecommute :)

Or you filed 3 years of taxes with zero income?
logicators

Message for all

Guys,

I know there is lot of speculation about new laws, and INS interpretation of the new law. But sometimes you got to do what you got to do. There are lot’s of rumors flying around: so and so guy got stopped at POE due to this or that reason etc. etc.

I am leaving for Canada on Nov. 26 ( just got tickets confirmed) to complete my PR process (first time). I do not have H-1b stamped on my passport since I changed my status from F-1. But I will take advantage of 30 day revalidation rule. I have no plans of applying for H-1 & H-4 visa at U.S. consulate in Canada. Hopefully I will not face any problems. My wife (on H-4) is also accompanying me on this trip. We are citizens of different countries (not on DOS watch list), which might make is little bit more interesting. I truly believe in “The biggest risk is the risk you don’t take”.

I gonna take my changes and do it. I will carry all the paper work necessary to validate my H-1 status in U.S. ex. H-1 approval notice, recent pay stubs, company letter etc.

This thread was really helpful in understanding the whole process and law governing it. I will provide my feedback as soon as I come back ( Nov. 29). Please feel free to write your comments or suggestions.

Good Luck,

RamFan

What is 30 dyas revalidation rule is? Can you anyone please explain it to me? I am PR Canadian working in USA.

abt PR & Citizenship?

when to file for PR after Stamping visa, or will it do after landing? any site link

when to file for Citizenship after getting PR? any site link

Auto-revalidation was if your visa got expired in the passport but you have a valid I-94 (white card, attached in the passport) then you can go to Canada/Maxico (conteguous territory rule) and can return and re-enter US, with in 30 days, on the basis of a valid I-94.
But state department made changes in this rule months ago, so I am not sure that rule is still in place in its previous form. One thing for sure that this rule is no longer valid for 5 listed countries. Confirm with INS..

abt PR & Citizenship?

when to file for PR after Stamping visa, or will it do after landing? any site link

when to file for Citizenship after getting PR? any site link