Some Tips

JMJ

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Some tips that I used and learned:

* Be relentless and call 1-800 # and be on top of things.

* Try Senator/Congressman/FL help

* If yr case is current and within processing dates - If an IO or CSR says that yr case is waiting to be assigned to be an officer, don't loose heart that is is not yet assigned. They said the same thing every single day, even the day my case was approved. They will also say wait till 90-120 days, doesn't mean yr case is not in the queue to be approved.

* Name Check - If you call 1-800 # and they say contrary to what you heared from yr senator/congressman or FBI,just ignore it, the morons will say anthing to get U off the phone.

* Sometimes Infopass helps, but in my case it didn't the officer was not forthcoming at all and was pushy. So I never went for Infopass after that,rather I took my Senator/Congressman's help.

* When you talk to an IO, be polite (I know they don't deserve it) and tell crisply how you have been waiting for so long and mention any hardships that you face.

* I feel USCIS still has quite a bit of visa numbers to use to guys hang in there,especially ones that have PDs 2003 and less and RDs 2006 and less.

* Conclusion - this stinkin system doesn't work and even if it works, it works randomly withour any fairness or transparency. So sometimes we have to nudge(poke rather)to get things done. Along with this luck plays a major role. But I sincerely believe that many of U who are waiting to be approved will get it before August.

Note: Believe me, when I finally got approved, I was not at all thrilled,rather I was relieved that this is over with, may be I became numb waiting ...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

EB2 @ NSC (India)
PD: August 2003 (own labor)
RD: March 2005
I140 - RFE and Approved June 2005
Name Check cleared in less than a month (have a very common name)
I485 RFE - August 2006
I485 AD: June 19,2007

JMJ
:eek:

Thanks JMJ for your post and Congratulations to you. I think you are the only one I have seen so far with 485 RD in 2005. My PD is March 2002 and RD is June 2005. So far I have seen most of the approvals from 2003 and 2004 RDs. Last time my Congressman called me was on June 5th and told me it is with IO for review. Haven't heard any thing after that.
I am also not sure how many guys are waiting that have Current PDs but RD in 2005.

JMJ,
Thanks for your info and also congrats for your I485 approval.I hope will hear good news soon.

EB3 ,India,NSC,substituted Labor
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006.
2nd EAD and AP Renewal AD:Feb 2007.
I485 AD ??????

coolpdx???

Hi Coolpdx,

Are u from portland, Oregon?

I f yes, could u pls send me the info for congress men?

Folks,

Some tips that I used and learned:

* Be relentless and call 1-800 # and be on top of things.

* Try Senator/Congressman/FL help

* If yr case is current and within processing dates - If an IO or CSR says that yr case is waiting to be assigned to be an officer, don't loose heart that is is not yet assigned. They said the same thing every single day, even the day my case was approved. They will also say wait till 90-120 days, doesn't mean yr case is not in the queue to be approved.

* Name Check - If you call 1-800 # and they say contrary to what you heared from yr senator/congressman or FBI,just ignore it, the morons will say anthing to get U off the phone.

* Sometimes Infopass helps, but in my case it didn't the officer was not forthcoming at all and was pushy. So I never went for Infopass after that,rather I took my Senator/Congressman's help.

* When you talk to an IO, be polite (I know they don't deserve it) and tell crisply how you have been waiting for so long and mention any hardships that you face.

* I feel USCIS still has quite a bit of visa numbers to use to guys hang in there,especially ones that have PDs 2003 and less and RDs 2006 and less.

* Conclusion - this stinkin system doesn't work and even if it works, it works randomly withour any fairness or transparency. So sometimes we have to nudge(poke rather)to get things done. Along with this luck plays a major role. But I sincerely believe that many of U who are waiting to be approved will get it before August.

Note: Believe me, when I finally got approved, I was not at all thrilled,rather I was relieved that this is over with, may be I became numb waiting ...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

EB2 @ NSC (India)
PD: August 2003 (own labor)
RD: March 2005
I140 - RFE and Approved June 2005
Name Check cleared in less than a month (have a very common name)
I485 RFE - August 2006
I485 AD: June 19,2007

JMJ
:eek:

First congrats for the approval. Happy to hear that. Thanks for the tips ..

I just missed the june bus. My PD will be current (EB2-India, May 2004) in next 10 days. 485 is pending since June 2005. FP completed two times. Recived RFE for 485 one year ago, Replied back immediatly. I hope my 485 is ready for approval in July.

How did you know your name check is cleared? Should I call now to verify my name check is cleared? or Should I just wait.. My name is not common in India. Is it advantage or disadvantage to clear name check..?

Thanks Guys!!

Thanks coolpdx,gc_patient,perm_lc and wish U all a speedy approval!!

perm_lc,

I found out abt my name check from both my senator and congressman.But I was told by NSC Immigration Officer/CSR that my background check is pending. I just ignored it since I had the letter from Senator and congressman's office, stating when it was initiated and cleared.You can also do the same or you can try Infopass.

If yr name check is cleared then a big hurdle is off yr way. There is a perception that if you have a common name,chances are U will be stuck for a while.If someone on FBIs watch list has a similar name as yours,then they have to do a thorough review and this takes time(the lazy morons don't want to work on complex cases) and a small unfortunate percentage of innocent people are stuck in this for years. Some people have contacted First Lady and were successful in expediting the name check clearance. Earlier WOM used to work,but no more.

I hope all is set in yr case,just waiting to be approved.

Good Luck !!

JMJ

Thanks coolpdx,gc_patient,perm_lc and wish U all a speedy approval!!

perm_lc,

I found out abt my name check from both my senator and congressman.But I was told by NSC Immigration Officer/CSR that my background check is pending. I just ignored it since I had the letter from Senator and congressman's office, stating when it was initiated and cleared.You can also do the same or you can try Infopass.

If yr name check is cleared then a big hurdle is off yr way. There is a perception that if you have a common name,chances are U will be stuck for a while.If someone on FBIs watch list has a similar name as yours,then they have to do a thorough review and this takes time(the lazy morons don't want to work on complex cases) and a small unfortunate percentage of innocent people are stuck in this for years. Some people have contacted First Lady and were successful in expediting the name check clearance. Earlier WOM used to work,but no more.

I hope all is set in yr case,just waiting to be approved.

Good Luck !!

JMJ

Thanks JMJ,

Your PD was not current till last month. What has prompted you to check about name check clearence? Is there any specific reason, for your initiation to know the status of name check?