Some questions for 485 approval

smokeman

Registered Users (C)
I just got my 485 approved few days ago. But my lawyer said it could take up to 1 year before I receive my plastic card. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Before my I-485 is approved, I am in H1-B status. I heard my I am no longer in H1-B status after 485 is approved, is it true?
2. Then what is my status before I get the plastic card? (I have not yet stamped my passport), I have EAD, do I need to show my employer my EAD?
3. My wife is in H4 status, her 485 is still pending. Is she still in valid H4 status after my 485 is approved?
4. My 485 is EB3, so my wife is EB3 also, and there is no visa number for EB3 from July ~ Oct. I am wondering will my wife have any problem renewing her AP/EAD next year before her 485 approved?

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,
smokeman

PD : 04/2002
140: RD 12/2004, AD 05/2005
485: RD 12/2004, AD 06/2005

1. Yes
2. Permanent resident. You no longer require passport stamping. You will either receive the card in a few weeks or a biometrics notice. If you get a biometrics notice, your card will be mailed a week or two afterwards for what I've seen.
3. I believe so.
4. She will be able to renew her AP/EAD without a problem until her 485 is adjudicated.

I think voldemarv is right.. Once primary is approved then autoamtically H4 is invalid, she has to have all the time AP to travel and EAD to work.