• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Some ordinary questions!

Doni19

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well.

So by the end of this month im moving to usa, before id like to clarify some doubts i have.

1. My POE is NYC- and my second sponsor addressee who lives in NYC is the addressee i gave at interview, id like to change only the adresse from nyc to a person who lives in nj, not my poe! Can i do this at the airport? if yes how ?.
2. Since im 20 y/o is my first time flying and traveling outside my country id like to ask what kind of bags can i carry with me in the plane ( like toothbrush, and ordinary stuff like that one).

Thanks that's all for now :p

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well.

So by the end of this month im moving to usa, before id like to clarify some doubts i have.

1. My POE is NYC- and my second sponsor addressee who lives in NYC is the addressee i gave at interview, id like to change only the adresse from nyc to a person who lives in nj, not my poe! Can i do this at the airport? if yes how ?.
2. Since im 20 y/o is my first time flying and traveling outside my country id like to ask what kind of bags can i carry with me in the plane ( like toothbrush, and ordinary stuff like that one).

Thanks that's all for now :p

Just tell the officer who processes you that you want to change the address your green card will be sent to.

Check your airline website, if you are flying economy you are usually allowed one carry-on bag of certain size and weight to take toiletries etc with you. If you have a backpack type bag that will probably be easiest. Be sure to read the requirements about liquids (<100ml in a transparent ziploc), and any other security notices about what you can and can't take with you on board. Remember to take your visa packet in your hand luggage, as well as anything else that you cannot do without losing in case of baggage delay or pilfering etc. Wear comfortable clothes for flying. Drink lots of water on the flight.

I squeeze every rule to the maximum.
  • You're allowed one carry-on item and one personal item. This means I bring one roller bag and one backpack with a laptop. The roller bag goes in the overhead and the backpack goes under the seat in front of me.
  • You need to take off your shoes and put them through the scanner.
  • You need to take off your jacket and put it through the scanner.
  • With toiletries you need to follow the 3 1 1 rule. 3 ounces bottles in 1 quart size ziplock bag. This is only for carryon, if you checkin your baggage you don't need to follow this rule.
  • Toothbrushes aren't a included in 3-1-1 because they aren't a "liquid aerosol or gel"

* your international airline may have different rules, but this is for domestic american airlines.
** watch the George Clooney movie "Up in the Air"

Hello, @SusieQQQ and @guestgulkan this is what im taking with me in the roller bag.

( Normally clothes.)

1.Toothbrush, toothpastes( 50 ml)
2.One deodorant (Nivea 150 ml)
3. One perfume (1ooml)
4.* I dont know the name in english :p, but this is an image
52d66aa99336e1389783721-6.jpeg

is a small one, just for facial hairs.

And thats it , so what can i carry with me and what not ? Thanks.

Unfortunately if that deodorant is in your carry on it'll be confiscated. It's too big. *

Remember what I wrote about 3 1 1. 3 ounces! And if you don't put your stuff in the right plastic bag they get grumpy. Needs to be a clear ziplock quart sized bag. *

Is that an electric shaver or a hair clipper? Either way it doesn't matter because it's not a liquid, aerosol or gel so they don't care.

* only applies to carry on. If it's a big problem just checkin your toiletries with your main luggage.

100ml is the max in metric. Anything bigger than that will be confiscated & destroyed.
I'm not sure about the shaver/clipper, depends how paranoid they are being at the moment...