Some movement ?

tan67

Registered Users (C)
Received notice for second fp today.

Wondering if fp renewal is independant of the whole I-485 file or did someone really looked at the file ?

Can we go earlier than the date mentioned in the fp notice?

Would appreciate any input.

tan,

some Service Centers are willing to take FP if you show up earlier than the date, while some dont - pls let us which is your local office.

Also I dont think we can be sure if your file's opened yet, with just the FP notice. Post your RD details and maybe atleast we can do a crude prediction.

2nd fp

MrCoolz,lifeonhold

I am in St. Louis, MO

PD: 05/03/99
RD: 03/06/02
ND: 03/27/02
1st FP: 06/07/02
2nd FP notice recieved 11/26/03 scheduled for 12/23/03.

Judging by posts on this forum, looks like i still have some time to go. I wonder if generating fp renewal notices is a separate automated process.

I recieved 2 nd finger print notice today. same as u.

PD:Don't know
RD:March/13/02
ND:April/01/02
AP:Never Applied.
EAD:I am On 2nd EAD

who has recd/not recd 2nd fingerprint notices ?

all of us are wondering whether 2nd fingerprint is a seperate automated process ... let's ask for input from others.....

any jan/feb 2002 filers whose 1st fingerprint has expired but they have not received the 2nd fingerprint notice ??? If people have not recd. 2nd fingerprint notices then maybe USCIS does not really need them in order to process the case .....early 2002 and later 2001 filers - please add your input.

Thanks !!!

It is a mystery. I got my 2nd fp notice 6 months after the 1st one expired. my attorney told me that they stared scanning old cases fr expired 2nd fp a while ago. Whowevr, he also think that 2nd fp is initiated by an officer, since many of them are close to RFE. in this case you can expecr your case to be adjudicated within 1-2 months after fp/RFE. Even though he said that this is just his general observation, not a statement from USCIS, which he said becomes more and more mysterious, even to a lawyer.

About coming earlier dor 2nd FP, let me share my experiences. I received an 2nd FP notice scheduled for 12/23/2003. But I tried to come in earlier because I will be away for the holidays. At first I was turned away rudely. Luckily, the manager/supervisor of the ASC was close by and interfered, saying that I am welcome to come at later date if I cannot make it on 12/23. She also saidd taht it probably better to come later, since with the delay they have been requiring more and more people to get 2nd FP. WHen I told her that I was coming for my 2nd FP not the 1st one, she asked me why I did not tell her earlier. (???) and then she took my FP and wished me luck. Thankfully that the supervisor was much more courteous/knowledgeable than the stupid rude officer who turned me away the first time.

Note: My case RD was 9/01

Last edited by a moderator:
DaoMingTze -- thanks for the information. Which office did you go for early fingerprinting ? When did you receive the 2nd fingerprint notice ? Trying to see if they have started issuing these notices ... which would of course be good.

We also received our (me and wife) 2nd fingerprints notice about two weeks ago. Fingerprints were done on 11/26 for both of us even though we had two different dates scheduled.

ND 08/22/01 -> Yes it is 2001

First finger prints were done in December 2001. Second fingerprints notice took this long almost two years.

Still waiting for good news. Notice on USCIS web site still showing old message about first finger prints.
:)
:p

Received 2nd FP notice

Hi,

We too received our second FP notices on 11/26/2003 to appear on 12/23/2003. Are they generating FP notices ( for expired ones) or does this mean something's cooking?

My details are

PD - Sorry No idea
RD - 03/08/2002
ND - 03/29/2002

Currently on 2nd EAD, applied for our 3rd EAD's recently and received notices for the same.

We did our First FP's on 06/07/02. We are from St Louis , MO.

Thanks.

tan67,

Given your RD, I think you're likely to be adjucated pretty soon - Dont forget to sign the 485 backlog petition.

Good Luck!

We also received our (me and wife) 2nd fingerprints notice about two weeks ago. Fingerprints were done on 11/26 for both of us even though we had two different dates scheduled.

ND 08/22/01 -> Yes it is 2001

First finger prints were done in December 2001. Second fingerprints notice took this long almost two years.

Still waiting for good news. Notice on USCIS web site still showing old message about first finger prints.
:)
:p

MrCoolz

Thankyou for your wishes. I only hope we can transfuse your optimistic mindset to the BCIS.

It seems a bunch of people have received 2nd fp renewals.
We are trying to establish if fp renewal is independant of the I-485 file.
Hopefully some stalwarts can shed light on the subject or maybe someone who is already approved can share there experience after getting 2nd fp.

lifeonhold...

Waukegan, IL. I got my notice around the 1st week f Nov. I forgot the exact date. I got my fingerprint taken on 11/13

tan67,

I dot my 2nd FP today.

Scheduled on 19-Dec-03.

RD 3-Mar-02
ND 28-Mar-02
1st FP 30-Apr-02

It looks several of us got FP notices same time. I just guess that they are looking into Mar-02 cases.

Now let us wait for the RFE whichi is sure thing.

it seems that ANY news is good news...

i got my 2nd FP notice this morning as well, which seems to be the dominant thread today.

the optimists that we are (thanks to ghee for that sanguine moniker), i guess we should all be thrilled.

anyway, my RD/ND are 2/14 and 2/25 of 02. FP I was accomplished 5/23 of 02, and FP II is scheduled for 12/22.

My Rd/ nd is Feb 4th /Feb 8th 2002, 1st Fp was done on April6th 2002, 2nd Fp is scheduled for 19th dec .

suganthy, my Rd/ Nd are same as you

RD : 02/04/2003
ND : 02/08/2003

1st FP : 04/09/2003
2nd FP : no notice yet.......

oops .... wrong year

suganthy, my Rd/ Nd are same as you

RD : 02/04/2002
ND : 02/08/2002

1st FP : 04/09/2002
2nd FP : no notice yet.......