Some help needed

gc_ky123

Registered Users (C)
My EAD will expire in 2 months. I was not aware that I can apply before 6 months itself.

I have few questions,

1. My wife entered US using Advance Parole. In the application #14 "Manner of last entry into the U.S." what to fill? Is it "Advance Parole" or any other words I need to use.

2. Also #15 "Current Immigration Status" what to fill? I am filling myself as H1B but my wife is in advance parole so what to fill for my wife?

3. I am sending fee, I-94 copy, EAD copy, 2 photos. Did I miss any document I need to send?

4. My GC file is from KY but I live in IL which address I need to send my EAD application?

Please reply me with your answers. I really appriciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It is assumed that u are filing EAD for both. becz u shared ur EAD is expireing and now u are telling about ur spouse last entered using adv parole?????

Anyway . read this plz

>>1. My wife entered US using Advance Parole. In the application #14 "Manner of last entry into the U.S." what to fill? Is it "Advance Parole" or any other words I need to use.

I believe they are asking that is she came on H1B (I believe parole is doc for travel permission, not show 'enter based on').

>>2. Also #15 "Current Immigration Status" what to fill? I am filling myself as H1B but my wife is in advance parole so what to fill for my wife?

Friend, I believe 'Advance parole is not status document its just permission to travel while 485 is pending.
If she has no other status than 485 pending she may write "Pending 485" or "AOS pending"

Does she have any valid visa stamped or any approval.?
Has she holding her passport, stamped any visa on behalf of ur status like H?? 'Spouse of H1?' like this?

>>3. I am sending fee, I-94 copy, EAD copy, 2 photos. Did I miss any document I need to send?

The check list of EAD renewal

1. Form I-765
2. Copy of I-140 approval.
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of Employment Authorization Card
5. Copy of I-94
6. Pictures
7. A Check in the amount of $175 for the filling fees(check the current fee, I believe its latest in my knowledge)

check fee here
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

>4. My GC file is from KY but I live in IL which address I need to send my EAD application?

Ummmmmmmmmm, first u must und that
765 will be sent where is ur 485 filed,
Have u filed AR-11? and notify that u moved,

or

You don't want let them know about addr?

Good Luck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had a problem with EAD, here is what I always write (5 EAD experience)
1. matter of last entry: Advance Parol.
2. Immigration Status: I-485 pending. last time i did eEAD and there was a field for comments where I wrote the receipt number
3. agree with POJ, when I filed eEAD, I only sent a copy of I-485, and got appointment to take photo 1 day after i called.
4. agree with POJ, it has to be submitted to the same service center where i485 is filed. also make sure to file ar-11 if not filed

gc_ky123 said:
My EAD will expire in 2 months. I was not aware that I can apply before 6 months itself.

I have few questions,

1. My wife entered US using Advance Parole. In the application #14 "Manner of last entry into the U.S." what to fill? Is it "Advance Parole" or any other words I need to use. ~ PAROLEE (i am sure about this coz I asked INS officer when I did my interim)
2. Also #15 "Current Immigration Status" what to fill? I am filling myself as H1B but my wife is in advance parole so what to fill for my wife? ~ PAROLEE (same)
Don't forget to put "Adjustment status is pending - Receipt number: ...." in section #16

3. I am sending fee, I-94 copy, EAD copy, 2 photos. Did I miss any document I need to send? ~ Fee, Copy of current EAD, previous EAD paper stub, copy of I-485 notice - and That's it! Read page #6 "Adjustment Applicant" on I-765.pdf ~ If you efile it, you can pay by credit card, then you will print a FP notice and get your FP and pictures at local ASC.
4. My GC file is from KY but I live in IL which address I need to send my EAD application? ~ Whereever you filed your 485
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf.

Please reply me with your answers. I really appriciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: