Some EAD Experience

PaulK

Registered Users (C)
Here is my story.

I sent my 3rd EAD renewal application to wrong address( My I-485 is employment based and I sent my renewal to the Chicago office). I found out about my mistake on the very next day.I decided to send a new application to NSC since I have less than two months on my current EAD.I also went ahead and canceled the check that was sent to Chicago.
Yesterday I received receipt notices from NSC and the National Benefit Center.
I really don’t know how to proceed so I probably will be calling the 1-800 number and ask them to cancel my first application.

Any suggestions?

I-485 LIN0305150xxx.No RFE, no approval so far.

I am sure that the EAD application sent to the Chicago Office was transferred to National Benefit Center. Since you already cancelled your check for that, the application will not be processed. In their receipt notice, did the National Benefit Center give you an appointment at the local Chicago office for your photograph and finger printing?

Yes they did.
Nebraska doesn't mention it,so I don't think I'll go there.
The problem is that I checked my bank account last night and I found out the checks have cleared.I'll call my bank today to see how is that possible.I'm getting really tired of the whole process.I start asking myself was it worth it.So much stress and uncertainty

Since the checks have cleared, you might as well go there for the photo and fingerprinting. You are not going to get the money back from BCIS. You might ask your bank for your money back since you already requested a stop payment on that check. In that case the bank may refund you your money but they are not going to be able to get it back from BCIS. As far as you and the BCIS are concerened, the non refundable fees have been paid for both your applications. The benefit center processing is faster. I got my EAD renewal approved in just 61 days, just a day before my old EAD expired. I feel very lucky in that sense.
MGM