social security number denied for H4

zeeshanbutt4

Registered Users (C)
hi gurus

i am on H1-b and i got my wife here in usa on 06/20/2008, i applied for her social security number but superviser told me at social security office that she can not have a social security number becuase she is not authorized to work.

i dont get it , she going to need ss# for everything. it this true that she can not have social security number?

if she can then what should i do?

thanks in advance

zeeshan saeed

hi gurus

i am on H1-b and i got my wife here in usa on 06/20/2008, i applied for her social security number but superviser told me at social security office that she can not have a social security number becuase she is not authorized to work.

i dont get it , she going to need ss# for everything. it this true that she can not have social security number?

if she can then what should i do?

thanks in advance

zeeshan saeed

This is true, she is not eligible for SSN and to work.
Only EAD can make her eligible to get SSN being on H4.

thanks for your response, i know she cant work , i dont need ss# for her work, she ss# for driving licence, medican insurance.

i already applied for her 1-485, EAD, and AP but it is going to take some time to get her EAD .

in the mean time is there any way to get ss# (not authorized to work) with restriction to work

h4 ss #

Ssa Office Will Issue A Rejection Letter
That Letter Is Required For Getting Drivers Licence
In Nj,ca,ny I Have No Experience In Other States

For Filing Taxes Jointly You Will Need To Get Itin Number From Irs

thanks for your response, i know she cant work , i dont need ss# for her work, she ss# for driving licence, medican insurance.

i already applied for her 1-485, EAD, and AP but it is going to take some time to get her EAD .

in the mean time is there any way to get ss# (not authorized to work) with restriction to work

As someone mentioned, get a rejection letter from the Social Security office for driver's licnese. Once her EAD is approved apply for the SSN.