Social security card for interview

n400asap

I see that social security card is in the list of documents recommended for the interview. I haven't corrected my card since getting my green card. It still says: "Valid for employment with INS authorization". Is it a problem? Should I try to get it corrected before I go?

Thanks.

My wife had to present her social security card with that notation today at her N400 interview. It was not a problem.

I would not think that being an issue at all. I haven't updated mine yet as well.

Gurus, could this be an issue?

It's not an issue since the SSN card is used to verify your identification, not your immigration status.

It won't be a problem for the interview. Just remember to update it after your naturalization is completed, in order to reduce the chances of trouble with voter registration and driver's licenses (some states cross-check with the Social Security database).

Do they really ask for ss card? I lost mine like months ago while moving to a new place, what if I have every other document( driver license, green card, passport, birth certificate, etc)?

Do they really ask for ss card? I lost mine like months ago while moving to a new place, what if I have every other document( driver license, green card, passport, birth certificate, etc)?

I would say you get a replacement, why take chances.

Usually they don't ask for the social security card, and if they ask, chances are it might still not be an issue and you will get approved. However, nothing related to USCIS is 100% guaranteed.

Thanks for the reply guys, since my green card is marriage based I would think joint taxes, criminal history and other issue would be the top priority but better be safe than sorry, maybe we should start a thread to gather a list of all items that people were asked to bring for interview

I see that social security card is in the list of documents recommended for the interview. I haven't corrected my card since getting my green card. It still says: "Valid for employment with INS authorization". Is it a problem? Should I try to get it corrected before I go?

Thanks.

It should not be an issue.. If you want piece of mind, just go to SS office and they'll issue it in couple of weeks... they'll also give you a piece of paper with their stamp and signature... this is as good as social security card..

If you loose your SS card, you can do the same thing... there is a limit of lifetime re-issuance: 10.. which is a lot..