social media presence?

Bbal4lif2

I just applied for a US visa and they required me to list ALL social media platforms that I have used in the last 5 years. Isn't that a bit of an invasion of privacy?

"Abu Dhabi: Visa applicants to the US will now be required to reveal their social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as part of new security checks introduced by the US Department of State. "

It's new policy across all US visa applications. Been a fair bit of press about it. If you feel it is invading your privacy, then you are free to not apply.

Yeah, wasn't aware of this until now. I mean I don't post obscene stuff on my Social media, but wow. America want's to be in everything it seems.

Again... if you don't want to provide the info, you don't need to apply. They have already been asking this information for about a year (maybe more?) from people who undergo extra security background checks and have to fill in form DS5535. They don't actually care if you post "obscene" material, they care about people who use social media to incite hatred about the US, organize terrorist attacks etc.

Social media presence has a very obvious definition. Basically, one's social media presence refers to how they post and engage on all of their accounts. It refers to how frequently you post, the type of content posted, and the levels of engagement on your social media accounts!