So another 8/10 years of wait ahead ????

DSLstart

Registered Users (C)
Source Oh Law Firm web site
The other EB-485 waiters will turn out to be a big victim to the DOS/USCIS decision yesterday. Since there will be no visa numbers available until October 1, 2007, the people whose EB-485 applications were "not tagged" before July 1 will experience a tremendous delay in obtaining the green card. When it comes to the delays in obtaining the green card approvals, the new filers in July and those filers before August 17 will also witness a tremendous delays and will have to endure a long and long journey to leave the pipeline of the green card process. Why? As we reported quite earlier in this visa fiasco, we even estimated that approximately 750,000 individual EB-485 applications can be poured into the system during this unusual period of visa number availability as affected by the upcoming filing fee increases and more importantantly the anticipated potential huge visa number retrogression ahead during when they may not be able to file their 485 applications because of the retrogression. After all, the system has only 140,000 numbers for the entire EB categories for each year. Go figure! What would look like the waiting time for the current EB-485 filers and the current EB-485 filers before July 1, 2007!

oh hell!! its what we all feared of...
its time to just live your life off EADs...
The whole prospect of getting a GC by the end of this year looks very bleak to me...

yes not sure where and what they will do with old applications..

Will they dump Old applications or new applications is ?

I am stuck with these people.. from 2001

not sure when i will come out like..

advanced country like this has this kind of process and procedures also ? it is very frustrating..

It is very frustrating.. when I see others who have applied much ahead of me and getting approval from same country and same EB category..

If this is the case.. they why DID USCIS / LAW made these categories.. I dont know.. It is all B.S.

IT is very very frustrating.. and tensioning.. no other words to tell.

yes Life Sucks.. I agree..

----------------------------

PD - Oct 2001
486 - RD 06/04
Transfer to V to T on 03/15/07
2nd FP - 05/08/07

Waiting for 485 AD -

=================================

Nobody deserves such a long wait. It's destructive for our career and life plan. Old timers definitely, but new filers as well. The SKIL is long overdue... at least let us recapture old unused numbers! The fight is not over yet and we really MUST win it.

Employment based green card going on route of family based green card

Looking at the huge intake of applications and already with a tremendous backlog of pending applications, it looks like employment based green card system is taking the family based green card route. Waiting period could be as long as 10 years, if changes in law are no made to increase the annual visa numbers.

Good Luck to all who are waiting for their approval

Hey Guys,
Dont worry. I think that they will focus on clearing old applications before they review new files. Good luck.

-----------------------
485 AD -- 07/17/07
------------------------