• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Small enquiry please help me understanding this regarding the police certificate

waelh2001

in the Reciprocity page for Yemen(my country) the following info is posted:

Police Certificates​

Available
Fees:
2,000 Yemeni Rials
Document Name: Criminal Status Sheet
Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, Police and Security Sector, General Administration of Criminal Evidences
Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Approximately A3 size document featuring name, fingerprints, and passport/personal ID information.
Issuing Authority Personnel Title: General Manager of Criminal Evidences; Chief of Personality Investigation Section
Registration Criteria: Payment of Fees. There does not seem to be any restrictions on where application for police certificates can take place.
Procedure for Obtaining: Apply in person at General Administration of Criminal Evidences
Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available
Alternate Documents: Criminal background checks available from Yemeni Embassies and Missions Abroad. These documents consist of a statement by a Yemeni embassy official that the person in question does not have a criminal record.
Exceptions: There are no exceptions
Comments: There does not appear to be a national database of criminal activity for Yemen. As there is no central database, these certificates are unreliable and are not required for Immigrant Visa processing.

The question : After reading the comment does it mean that I don't need the police certificate from Yemen for the DV lottery?

Court/Prison Records​

Unavailable

That appears to be the case. That said, if it’s easy to get one I’d still send it in to KCC. If not, send a copy of the above highlighting the comments section.