Small drops WILL help

michal

Registered Users (C)
I am convinced if we all get on a schedule of writting to senators, representatives and other public offices once every four months it will do something.

The current speed of processing was probably triggered by these kinds of inquiries by people ahead of us. It did not help them very much but it seems to be helping us a lot.

Please consider writting your senator, representative, president's office, vice-president's office every three to four months, there is a lot of us and the voice if everything goes well will be heard.

This morning I heard a program on I-485 backlog on NPR on 7AM program. This should be encouraging.

Michal.

in 2006 greencard process time target 6 months

In addition, NPR interviewed pain of extending EAD when AOS is pending more than 2 years. Bottomline idea is to process green card within 6 months of application by year 2006. Not sure it is feasible by that time!! atleast it is a good news

I heard that too...they said they are not hiring any new people for that. I don't belive those people. They also agreed that there are some millions of applications are pending...and they are going to check each application againest criminal ....,....data bases. So, ???

Well, lets hope for the best.

govgc,

The link mini_r2004 has provided has th actual audio transcript that was played this morning.

Thanks mini_r2004

checking FBI record

The reaction SO WHAT to the fact that USCIS says they need to check each application against the FBI criminal record is exactly my point.

Is the FBI check not just a match against a database of names?
Why should the processing take three years because of a simple computer check?

In my opinion our applications just sit there at the office for 90% of the processing time.

The USCIS spokesman on NPR was most likely making excuses.

Michal.

"In my opinion our applications just sit there at the office for 90% of the processing time."

With the 900-999 days of processing time, that means that in your opinion that each application is actually not sitting idle for a whopping 90-99 days?

That would mean three months of daily activity per application to do a background check. Do you think they are hiring PI's, following us around, and holding stake-outs at our homes or something? "Wednesday 7.35pm: applicant is eating pasta for dinner, seems to enjoy it, lets issue an RFE for the recipe".

Seriously, my guess it's more than 99.8% of idle days during the processing wait...

But that's not the cause, according to the NPR program, the wait is because there was close to a whole year during which all adjunctiators were re-assigned to that 'special registration' processing, adding a whole year to the waiting time when that already was close to two years to begin with.

It is procrastination really. Three years ago, we were promised a reduction of the processing time to six months. They have been putting it off, and off, and off, and now it's grown out of control. So now they are making promises again, but this time about six months processing time by 2006...

But who really believes that? Given that the processing time _now_, even after the last two months of relatively active processing, is more than five times that six months figure, at a whopping two years and eight months (july2001-march2004). That means the current estimate is that people who apply now in March 2004 will be approved in November 2006...

Now how many people approved in 2006 really will have had only six months of waiting?