Slave No More

slave_untill_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi fellas,

It is to announce that my Green card (i-485) has been approved.

I checked the online status today and it read:

This case has been approved. On September 5, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Here is my ardious journy to the green card:

Labour certification applied in March 2000
Approved in 2-3 months (those were good days) was employee of Lucent Technologies.

Applied for I-140 in July 2000

Lucent spun off its Buisness communication unit and called it AVAYA, I went to AVAYA as Email Server developer.

Applied for I-140 on AVAYA's basis again in January of 2001

I-140 that I applied in AVAYA's name got approved in April 2001

Started gathering documents and necessary info + medicals for
I-485 it took me painfully about 5 months to do so

I-140 that I applied in Lucent's name got approved in June 2001

Applied for I-485 on August 20th 2001

INS ND: September 25th 2001

1st Finger Printing: Jan 2002

RFE for employment verification and birth certificates received in November of 2002
RFE Response received on Jan 9th 2003

Went for Special Registeration on 18th of January 2003 (From Pakistan)

Notice for 2nd FP on 15th of April 2003

Went for FP on 24th April 2003

Frustration continued, joined tghis club to find I am not the only one in limbo and that:

Contacted my senator about two weeks ago and they contacted BCIS and informed me that My case is waiting for Security Clearance.

CASE APPROVED on September 5th 2003

I wouldn't go as far as saying "that as my i-485 is approved hence there is a God", but folks hang on there is light on the end of the this abysmal hole.

Plans to soak myself in the beer filled tub and many friends have asked me for a party.!!!!

takes one to know one...

yep, i vibe to existentialism to, (and i am a devout agnostic)... weren't you, like me, a applicant from an SR country? (isn't that ironic!). but, hey, congrats, man! abandon yourself to the embrace of the handmaidens of dionysus....

Thanx to all of you guys

Hi,
I contacted firs Senator John Kerry (of Massachusats) and then he forwarded my case to Colorado's Senator Wyne Allard and his office contacted me being pissed and wrot em that:

Senator Allard has a long record of helping people of colorado and we would have appreciated if you had contacted us. Bla bla
and at the end they really made an inquiry and I guess it helped me in some ways.

Pork Chops,

Yes I am an ardent athesit and so drunk that dynosis will look sobre comapre to me. Genisse is the spirit of the nite!!

Lemme enjoy the moment, and loving every bit of the great monday night showdown between Eagles and Buccs.

But hey Goooooo Broncossssssss

From,
Denver, Colorado

Congrat!!!

slave_untill_GC, so nice to see an old timer like you :) approved:D
GO GET DRUNK AND PARTY...............

slave

congrats on the approval, and good luck in the future. good to hear there are existentialists and atheists amongst us (including pork). that's probably the only path when - like Sisyphus - we've been pained too long by the weight of the stone we carry.

Hi Slave till GC, Glad to hear that you are from Denver, me too!Would you tell me some more details regarding to contact senetor/congr.man? I think my case should be right around the corner now (ND Jan 30, 2002). I've been telling myself to be patient but I have to admit that it is a very hard waiting. Hope you enjoyed your party, I could just imagine how that feels!!!

one more approval from NSC and an SR beneficiary

Slave no more... Heart congratulations and thanks for such a detailed note... As I had mentioned earlier... the joy and relief shd be twice as much I am sure...

Enjoy the party...