Situation around Russia and Ukraine War

Hello, everyone!
I read online about Ukraine Temporary Protected Status for people from Ukraine who are reside in US now. Many people applied for asylum after that. But I didn't find any information about Russian people who are also reside in US and are afraid to go back as many Ukrainian people.
My question - is anyone heard if russian people can apply for political asylum now even if they are undocumented because of Russian government's invasion. Can it be considered as 1 year rule exception for USCIS to apply?

I'd appreciate any information.

P.S. Russian people living in US are not the one to blame, they are stand with Ukraine.

Hello, everyone!
I read online about Ukraine Temporary Protected Status for people from Ukraine who are reside in US now. Many people applied for asylum after that. But I didn't find any information about Russian people who are also reside in US and are afraid to go back as many Ukrainian people.
My question - is anyone heard if russian people can apply for political asylum now even if they are undocumented because of Russian government's invasion. Can it be considered as 1 year rule exception for USCIS to apply?

I'd appreciate any information.

P.S. Russian people living in US are not the one to blame, they are stand with Ukraine.
Why you didn’t apply when you got here if you afraid of your government that much?
If you apply after 1 year it’s 99% denial. Hire a good lawyer and let him advise to your case. I’m from Ukraine just got my approval after 6 year long process. But I applied 3 months after I entered USA.
War does not qualify you as asylum candidate don’t get confused. Asylum law is complicated.
Good luck!

Why you didn’t apply when you got here if you afraid of your government that much?
If you apply after 1 year it’s 99% denial. Hire a good lawyer and let him advise to your case. I’m from Ukraine just got my approval after 6 year long process. But I applied 3 months after I entered USA.
War does not qualify you as asylum candidate don’t get confused. Asylum law is complicated.
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply!
I'm not asking for myself. I just know some people who've missed a 1 year deadline because of their reasons and I'm just trying to help him in any way. But war may be considered as an exemption I think. But maybe there is also a TPS for them. Hopefully they will get something

Thanks for your reply!
I'm not asking for myself. I just know some people who've missed a 1 year deadline because of their reasons and I'm just trying to help him in any way. But war may be considered as an exemption I think. But maybe there is also a TPS for them. Hopefully they will get something
They need a good lawyer. if the asylum office determined that they don' meet any exemption their case will be referred to to the immigration court. .