single check or multiple checks

bolapr

Registered Users (C)
Can someone plz tell me while filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently do I need to send multiple checks one for I-485 ($930.00), biometrics ($80.00) and one for I-130($355) or a single check for both I-485 and I-130($1365) will do?

Are money orders an alternative to checks? I mean are they acceptable? Which is a better option checks or MOs? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You can send, one, two or three... they can be Official Checks and/or Money orders...

But, if you have enough money to cover the checks, a personal check would be best because you can see it when it clears your bank account and see an image of the back of it, which may show you the receipt #.

Can someone plz tell me while filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently do I need to send multiple checks one for I-485 ($930.00), biometrics ($80.00) and one for I-130($355) or a single check for both I-485 and I-130($1365) will do?

Are money orders an alternative to checks? I mean are they acceptable? Which is a better option checks or MOs? Thanks
One check for I-485 ($1010) and another one for I-130 ($355). Its mentioned the PDF document that comes with the forms. Read through them before you file.

Vinayak

One check for I-485 ($1010) and another one for I-130 ($355). Its mentioned the PDF document that comes with the forms. Read through them before you file.

Vinayak

Two contradicting suggestions. Should I go with the one who has been on here longer(many posts) than the other?? I mean I was hoping to send just one check for $1365 since I have just one check leaf left in my book.

Two contradicting suggestions. Should I go with the one who has been on here longer(many posts) than the other?? I mean I was hoping to send just one check for $1365 since I have just one check leaf left in my book.

LOL.

There is no need to go by whoever has the most: posts, karma, kudos, time, etc...

Simply said, there is no wrong answer... just do whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever fits your situation. (you do not want to write a "bad" check to USCIS).

I'd send 2 personal checks (one for I-130 and one for the I-485 with biometrics).

are you joking here ? I hope not.

I went to the bank, got the checkbook and wrote two checks as written in the instruction for each form.

Also, I read sticky notes from this forum and made cover letters and checklist.

In spite of checking the checklist, I came across exceptions mentioned no-where and dealth with it with the help of friends on this forum.

I found this to be extremely useful forum and I believed in reading through earlier posts and Instruction set with each form and Moved My butt when something was needed to be done. But that was me.