Singature on photographs during Interview

Citizen_2009

Registered Users (C)
I was reading on this forum about the interview process and some of you mentioned that the officer will ask you to sign your photographs and that the signature on citizenship certificate should match with this.
In my case the officer never asked me to sign my photos. Is this a problem?
btw, he did give me my approval letter (N-652).

I'm assuming no name change in your case and therefore the Q. I had the same case and it turned out just fine. Different DO though.

I was reading on this forum about the interview process and some of you mentioned that the officer will ask you to sign your photographs and that the signature on citizenship certificate should match with this.

Maybe you already signed your photo when you send them with N400 in teh first place.

Maybe you already signed your photo when you send them with N400 in teh first place.
It is different. When sending N-400, one should sign name and A# with pencil on the back of the photos. At the interview, they ask you to sign your name with pen on the front.

You may ask at the oath ceremony what to do. I remember there were some posts about this, but I forgot what was done. My guess, or my subconscious recolection, is that you'll have to sign both photo and certificate after the ceremony.

Probably your IO forgot about them. I think you will be asked to sign at oath.

The pics I included with my N-400 were not signed, Ooops, :) and the IO had them on the desk alongside the form when I came into the room. During the interview, she took a quick look at the pics then at me and stapled them to the forms.

I didn't think to ask about signing so I am hoping there will be no problem at the Oath this Friday.

This picture signing business is a form of a ritual born in the dark corners of the Service out of their obsession with order and predictability..

IMHO - this is something they made it up as they went along.. Not worth dwelling on it..

Forgive my dark sense of humor..

I had a very similar issue regarding this. During my interview, my IO strictly corrected me and wanted me to "Print" my name on all my forms including photos. When I received my Certificate of Naturalization, there's an instruction along w/ the certificate about the signature on the certificate (You will have to sign it to make it valid.) The signature is supposed to match the signature on the photo that glue on the certificate. As you can see my problem here, since the photo has my name "printed" on it, it will not match my signature on the certificate. So I went back to the IO in the ceremony, he's very nice about it and said, as long as the signature name will match the spelling of my name exactly, it will not matter about the "printed" name on the photo. What importance is the signature on the certificate, not on the photo. The signature on the certificate also has to be cursive and black ink.

Hope this will help!