Simple Visa Appointment Question

cpuri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Myself and my wife are supposed to get the stampings done for H1b and H4 respectively. In order to book an appointment with embassy in India on the same date and time :
Do we need to take only Bar Code from HDFC bank or do we need to get the barcode for each individual attending the interview.

Of course if we both go for different appointment times, paying twice makes sense. But do we need to pay twice to get the same appointmwnt time ?

Awaiting response

Myself and my wife are supposed to get the stampings done for H1b and H4 respectively. In order to book an appointment with embassy in India on the same date and time :
Do we need to take only Bar Code from HDFC bank or do we need to get the barcode for each individual attending the interview.

Of course if we both go for different appointment times, paying twice makes sense. But do we need to pay twice to get the same appointmwnt time ?

Hi Puri,

You need (and you will) to get separate bar codes for each of you as there will be separate HDFC receipts since you pay for both separately

You can take an appointment for your wife as a dependent while making your H1 visa appointment, although both may be given different time slots you can attend the interview at the same time with the same VO.

By no means you will get the same appointment time. Remember you have to pay for each person (even if have a baby who is a few months old or a few years)

Hope this helps, else knock the forum

Subramanya

Hi
Your question is close to my case. Hope this information will help you.
1. You need to pay individually for each applicant. (your case you and yourwife)
2. You will be issued two receipts sepearately with two different pay receipt numbers (barcode as you say)
3. While booking the appointment, either you can apply seperately on different dates or apply together on the same date. It is advised (from the vfs site)to apply all the dependants along with the primary applicant (it is you).
4. While you apply online for primary applicant for the appointment, you will get an option to include all your dependants to your application so that all of you can go on the same date and slot for interview.

Any more questions drop in forum

Hi Subramanya and Scorpion,

First of all thanks for responding back.
Let me individually talk to both of you:

Subramanya:
I am 100% sure that we can get the same appointment date & time when we apply online for the primary applicant and attach the secondary applicant (h4).

Scorpion78:
Point # 1, 2, 3 are all true if you wan tto separately book your appointments.
I agree with your point # 4. But when we apply online and attach the dependant applicant to the primary applicant : Does the website asks the BARCODE/RECEIPT# for the secondary applicant ? (I doubt if the website would do that or should do so. I am not sure)

What do you guys say ?

First of all thanks for responding back.
Let me individually talk to both of you:

Subramanya:
I am 100% sure that we can get the same appointment date & time when we apply online for the primary applicant and attach the secondary applicant (h4).

Scorpion78:
Point # 1, 2, 3 are all true if you wan tto separately book your appointments.
I agree with your point # 4. But when we apply online and attach the dependant applicant to the primary applicant : Does the website asks the BARCODE/RECEIPT# for the secondary applicant ? (I doubt if the website would do that or should do so. I am not sure)

Hi,

The website will ask for the barcode for the secondary appointment and only then you can make an appointment and get it confirmed. After this you will see the interview letter with the time slot assigned to the secondary applicant. However, did you even make the first primary appointment or are you still speculating and debating without even logging onto the website and starting the application process

Wish you good luck. Keep us posted

Subramanya

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for all the help. You were very correct in saying that we need the barcode for the second applicant too while applying.

Thanks