• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

simple question : what is the petitioner ?

haliphaqx

Registered Users (C)
My Case number being very high AF70***, it's only now that I'm filling those forms. In the form DS-230 part II, they ask the name and address of the petitioner.
Should I put my name ? (I am currently a student in the US) in other words, I am my petitioner right ?

My Case number being very high AF70***, it's only now that I'm filling those forms. In the form DS-230 part II, they ask the name and address of the petitioner.
Should I put my name ? (I am currently a student in the US) in other words, I am my petitioner right ?

Yes!

Hi haliphaqx,

When they ask you the name and address of the petitioner, you write "N/A". Petitioner is the one who is requesting on your behalf to get you a GC. In your case, it is the govt of the US, but you will write N/A as it is not a relative or an employer whose address you have. Also, you don't have to submit the DS-230 forms if you are doing Adjustment of status (and not consular processing). For consular processing, you would need to fill out all the forms. But for your comfort, you can file all forms. I did so too. You definitely need to submit the DSP-122 form if you are doing Adjustment of status or you will have problems later. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The prtitioner is the winner of the lottery. If you won the lottery and you have 2 dependants, then you you should write your name and address as petitioner in all application forms (in this case 3).

Good Luck

The prtitioner is the winner of the lottery. If you won the lottery and you have 2 dependants, then you you should write your name and address as petitioner in all application forms (in this case 3).

Good Luck

What if the person is applying for himself as the winner of the DV lottery? Is he still the petitioner?:confused:

Yes you are.

Thesaurus: petitioner

noun

- One that asks a higher authority for something, as a favor or redress: appealer, appellant, suitor. See ask/answer, law.
- A person who applies for or seeks something, such as a job or position: applicant, aspirant, candidate, hopeful, seeker. See seek/avoid.

A petitioner is the winner of the dv lottery. So in this case, since you are the winner, your name should appear in that section of your forms and any dependants.

Response from KCC on this issue

Hi guys,

Sorry didn't write earlier as I had written to KCC and was waiting for a response. Before I mention the response, my apologies for mentioning something that was not right. Here is what i wrote to KCC and then their response:

Question to KCC: In DS-230 form, Part II, Question 29 (Page 2 of DS-230 Part II form) it asks for the Petitioner name. For a Diversity visa winner, whose is the Petitioner? The one who won the Diversity visa or should we write "N/A", any help in explaining this question will be appreciated?

Thanks you in advance for your response.

Response from KCC: Thank you for your inquiry.
The petitioner refers to the principal applicant in the Diversity Visa Program.
The DV Lottery Program is a self petitioned program.

I AM NEW TO HERE AND I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DV LOTTERY and how long i can wait it ?

last year i participated the dv-lottey

by mataan

Thanks to all of you guys for your replies ! I wrote my name indeed as my own petitionner, now I just have to pray (and hope that my F-1 status won't be jeopardized)

Thanks to all of you guys for your replies ! I wrote my name indeed as my own petitionner, now I just have to pray (and hope that my F-1 status won't be jeopardized)

Your F1 would not be jeopardized. The only thing you want to be careful is that you do not use your EAD if you get it, and maintain your full-time student status and other things required for the F1 status. Make sure to do all that is required as F1 until you get the GC. The only problem is if one is denied the AOS (while maintaining all requirements of F1) then only at the time of travel, when you want to enter US as F1, the IO at the entry port could pose problem, other than that you should be fine. But i am sure ... if everything is fine, you will get your GC. Good luck.