Simple Question on Status Update at USCIS (N-400)

bks43wa

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
My wife and I were granted US citizenship by naturalization (N-400) on Dec 3, 2009 based on 5 years as lawful permanent resident (GC:Employment based). We (including our minor children) have also received our passports and the passport cards on Dec 11, 2009.

My questions are:

A) Why does the case status check on USCIS website still shows "testing and interview"? Is this normal?

B) Would anyone share his/her experience as to how long does it take USCIS to update the case status already adjudicated/approved/granted?

I am just curious as to why there is a disconnect in communication, if you will, between the local DO and USCIS or is that it takes a long time for bureaucratic reasons.:rolleyes:

Any suggestions/inputs or experiences shared would be highly appreciated.:)

Thank you.

A) Why does the case status check on USCIS website still shows "testing and interview"? Is this normal?
The online status is not accurate or updated. You're a citizen now, don't worry about it.
B) Would anyone share his/her experience as to how long does it take USCIS to update the case status already adjudicated/approved/granted?
You're a US citizen now. Why are you concerned about the online status since it's only used as a reference rather than a legal notification?

I am just curious as to why there is a disconnect in communication, if you will, between the local DO and USCIS or is that it takes a long time for bureaucratic reasons.:rolleyes:

In a perfect world, the communication within USCIS and the applicant would be seamless and without delay. However, bureaucracy doesn't allow this to happen. Again, you're a US citizen now and done with USCIS. No need to worry about this now.