simple I-130 question, please help

emc1234

Registered Users (C)
i posted this message on another appropriate forum. but no answer at all. so i choose to post in this friendly one. please tell me.
---------------------------------------------------------
i have a question. assuming i file I-130 for my brother. i know he should wait 10+ years before he could file his I-485 (when visa quota is available). but do you think i could get I-130 approved first (like within 1 year)? Or should INS hold application and make a decision 10+ years later?

if I-130 is approved early, i basically could save this approved I-130. when visa quota is available, my brother just file his I-485 with this I-130 copy. However, if it takes 10+ years for INS to approve I-130, it is a big headache to inform INS my address since i will move many times during this period of time. how to deal with this?

please clarify. thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------
actually, my parents and my brother do not want to immigrant to here. the reason i want to file for my brother is that I want to get my brother's 2 year-old to here since we do not have children (as of now). my brother is reluctant to do this since he wants to visit us on B2 as his wish and does not like the idea of barred from US for 10 years.

so if you know any way that i could let my brother still comes here visiting us at his wish AND i could apply for his 2-year-old, please let me know. thanks.

Smart thing would be to adopt the child ...

and, maybe, let the child sponsor the parents when he becomes a citizen ....

Meanwhile you can have your brother here on a visitor visa.

thanks. adoption is not an option since my brother and his wife will never allow that. I simply try to give my niece one more option when she grows up.

If i petition my brother and in the same time, could he applies and visits US on B2 regularly? i could swear that he has no true immigration intention since he comes here many times and been to all major countries in the world. his life is much better there.

If adoption is easy, i might do it 10 years later when there is such need, but not now.

how about B1 business visa? my brother comes here sometimes on B1 visa on business trips. If my I-130 petition does not affect his B1 visa application, it might be OK to file I-130 for him.

Thanks.

I intend to do this because I do not have child and i treat my niece as my own.