Simple G325A question (how many times?)

orthodoxparadox

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am having a little trouble understanding one particular aspect of the G325A (biographic information)
My wife is a U.S citizen, and she is applying now, to change my status to a permanent resident. She’s filling in a I-130 , I – 485, I 864.
When filling out the G325A Biographic form, which we are also submitting, how many times must we fill out this form? 4 times? Each time by, and signed by me, the immigrant?

I’d appreciate any help I can get on this, as I read conflicting amounts of times.

Thanks

Raphael

orthodoxparadox said:
Hi

I am having a little trouble understanding one particular aspect of the G325A (biographic information)
My wife is a U.S citizen, and she is applying now, to change my status to a permanent resident. She’s filling in a I-130 , I – 485, I 864.
When filling out the G325A Biographic form, which we are also submitting, how many times must we fill out this form? 4 times? Each time by, and signed by me, the immigrant?

I’d appreciate any help I can get on this, as I read conflicting amounts of times.

Thanks

Raphael

Yes, each set of G-325A has 4 pages and needs to be filled out. If you can get hold of an electronically fillable form, it would save you a lot of time and re-write (I had to scratch off and start over my G-325A so many times for simple mistakes). I dont know where to look for the editable forms, but they should be around here or somewhere online.

Your wife fills and signs the I-130 + 1 set of G-325A. You fill and sign 1 set of G-325A
You fill I-485. You fill and sign 1 set of G-325A.

So in effect, you sign and submit 2 sets of G-325A and your wife signs and submits 1 set.

put simply...

thanks for that help

Just to make sure I understand you,
I fill out 4 pages, and sign them
Then my wife also fills out 4 pages (with the same info as the first set) and the only difference is, that she signs these?

Thanks again

Why 4 times?

Hi,
I ordered the forms online from USCIS and my G-325 A have four sites, but I just have to write on the 1 (white one ) and it copys everything on the other 3 pages! I just have to sign them all!

What are you guys fillilng out that you have to do it 4 times?????
PLease answer, thanks

orthodoxparadox said:
thanks for that help

Just to make sure I understand you,
I fill out 4 pages, and sign them
Then my wife also fills out 4 pages (with the same info as the first set) and the only difference is, that she signs these?

Thanks again
to make things clear... 3 sets of G-325A go with your AOS application. Two for the I-130 (1 set filled and signed by you and 1 set filled and signed by your wife) and one for the I-485 (filled and signed by you).

sonjakrabetz said:
Hi,
I ordered the forms online from USCIS and my G-325 A have four sites, but I just have to write on the 1 (white one ) and it copys everything on the other 3 pages! I just have to sign them all!

What are you guys fillilng out that you have to do it 4 times?????
PLease answer, thanks

The forms downloaded from the USCIS website dont have the copy feature. Hence you need to manually fill in all 4 pages after you print the pdf.

orthodoxparadox said:
So altogether I have twelve pages of G325A, correct?

Thanks so much

unfortunately... yes. If you can find the editable version online, it might save you a lot of time.

If you use the PDF for USCIS, it'll create 4 copies for you automatically. I used that forms more than 2 years ago... unless they changed it.

ari4u said:
The forms downloaded from the USCIS website dont have the copy feature. Hence you need to manually fill in all 4 pages after you print the pdf.

phila_babu said:
If you use the PDF for USCIS, it'll create 4 copies for you automatically. I used that forms more than 2 years ago... unless they changed it.

It still does that. But you have to manually enter data in all 4 pages after you print.

Very simple question

Hello,
My Labor certificate is just approved and I am in the process of filling in my other forms. In G325A form, what is "File Number A....." is?
Thank you,
Asib

Asib said:
Hello,
My Labor certificate is just approved and I am in the process of filling in my other forms. In G325A form, what is "File Number A....." is?
Thank you,
Asib

you get your A# when you apply I-485. If you dont have any, you write n/a and... Pl dont multiple post.

Ari4u

Thank you ari4u,
Would you please answer my other question:
In I-765 (EAD) form item: "Have you before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?" Does it include EAD for student OPT? (I received it but did not use it)
Thank you,
Asib

The best thing to do would be to fill out one of those G325 form and leave date and signature field BLANK. Then make 4 photocopies of that and sign and date them.This is what I did as advised by Immigration counselor. After I photocopied these forms at Fedex Kinkos I could barely differntiate between original and copies. They have really good quality copiers.
I would NOT recommend using online fillable Pdf form from VISAPRO as it is expired, it was published in 2002 as can be seen at the bottom. The latest forms are for 2005 edition.

guru5678 said:
The best thing to do would be to fill out one of those G325 form and leave date and signature field BLANK. Then make 4 photocopies of that and sign and date them.This is what I did as advised by Immigration counselor. After I photocopied these forms at Fedex Kinkos I could barely differntiate between original and copies. They have really good quality copiers.
I would NOT recommend using online fillable Pdf form from VISAPRO as it is expired, it was published in 2002 as can be seen at the bottom. The latest forms are for 2005 edition.

Visapro has updated the G-325A version.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=195431

Also, each sheet of G-325A goes to a specific destination which is mentioned at the bottom left of each page.
And, the footer section of first page is different from the footer sections of the other three pages. I know these differences are trivial, but you never know what USCIS is looking for...

If it was me, i would rather use the visapro version or write all pages manually and stay away from the photocopy business. Your call...