---------------- Silly Man is Approved ----------------

Re: let me be the

Originally posted by tk_tk
100th guy to congratulate you again

Wow man, it's a big deal to me. Thanks !!! I never expected so many congratulations after all my corny jokes. Seriously, WOW.

better late than ...

Sillyman, congrats on your approval and your thankless effort on this forum.

Good to know that you've a "real" job now that keeps you busy, but, I bet no one appreciates you better than the good old folks here!

Now, get busy by praying for us ;-)

- nik.

passing of an era !!

wOW - SILLY MAN HAS HIS GC ....... about bloody time too - congrats and go well into the great big american dream - may it be everything you want it to be ...

lindamac alias gujrati mama

Re: passing of an era !!

Originally posted by lindaMac
wOW - SILLY MAN HAS HIS GC ....... about bloody time too - congrats and go well into the great big american dream - may it be everything you want it to be ...

lindamac alias gujrati mama

I was wondering where u been !! Thanks.

Congratulations SillyMan!

That's great!!!

I am the 02-041-5*****, still nothing happened.

I have a question silly man and everybody.

When I submit the I-485, the letter to the INS said I will be paid 72,000$ after I get the Green Card.

But now I am much lower than that target.

Do you think I will have any problen when I submit the RFE to INS?? Because my check stub shows lower than 72,000$.

Do U have any suggestions

thanks

hai

HAIWANG,

If you can atleast get the EVL which states that you would be paid $72k after you get the GC you should be ok.

How much lower is it? We haved seen aprovals of people with more than 20% less on this forum. The EVL could be the key.

Soumy is right. Usually RFE will ask for an EVL for prospective employment, and as long as that mentions the correct salary, you're cool.

The worst case could be, INS could ask for something like "What diff. will GC make, that ur not paying this guy so much, and ur gonna pay him so much after GC". Ask your lawyer, they have lots of standard answers available for this.

Thanks Soumy and Silly Man,

You advice gave me more confidence, You mean the EVL should mention I will be paid the $72K after I got the GC.

But my salary just about 60% of that target, for the slow economy, the boss did not increase any more salary in three years. But I do play the important role in the company.

I hope they will not ask the worst questions.

Any advice to improve and protect my case are appriciate.

thanks

HAI

To Silly Man,

One more question,

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Usually RFE will ask for an EVL for prospective employment, and as long as that mentions the correct salary, you're cool.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What's your mean "the correct salary", you mean the $72k on the letter to INS when I applied 485 or the actually I got paid from my company??

thanks

HAI
:eek:

The correct salary is what was mentioned in your labor application for green card purposes. Mine was 5K lower in the final EVL as a matter of fact. (But my job change was higher, and I never disclosed that new job, if need be I would have had a backup .. you get the picture).

Just to keep this post afloat...

Dear (very) Silly Man!

I am awfully happy for you and it has been a great pleasure having you as a moderator.

If you write a book, we'll get to know you, but the mystery of IamShantanuB will never be solved - Silly Man's alter ego or not?

Originally posted by ruxrux
Just to keep this post afloat...

Dear (very) Silly Man!

I am awfully happy for you and it has been a great pleasure having you as a moderator.

If you write a book, we'll get to know you, but the mystery of IamShantanuB will never be solved - Silly Man's alter ego or not?

Thanks ruxrux. Is that very dear or very silly? ;) .. I think I know

silly man,

sorry for the delay in congratulating you. better late than never. it is always nice to see approvals on this board and it is a great feeling when good people like you are approved. congratulations on your approval.

have fun

Thanks Krishna, sam99 and everyone.

Have fun under the sun, ye baat kari thodi kum.
Abhi kaha ka gham, ab to hoga coke aur rum !!