Signature on Naturalization Certificate

karthikeyan

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have a quick question regarding the signature format on naturalization certificate.

When I went to the post office with my naturalization certificate, the passport agent said that my signature was not in the proper format (i.e., it looked more like a "printed" form and not the "cursive" form). So, she made me sign again (on top of the initial signature) in a cursive form. Therefore, I have 2 identical versions (one more like a printed form) of my full signature (first and last names) on the naturalization certificate. Not sure if it will create any problems with passport application or in future. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

KG

If I recall the printed instructions provided by USCIS, you are supposed to sign cursive format if possible, otherwise printed format is acceptable. Either way, you must be able to read the full name.

Will the double signature be a problem? I doubt it - pretty much the only people that will see the signature are the people processing your passport, and maybe those it the social security office.

When I got mine, I automatically did my typical signature and was like oh crap. So then I wrote beside it the correct format signature. SSN office had no problems with the double signature, my passport is still being processed after I filed Feb 22nd. So not sure if that's exceeding long compared to most people (I know the delays etc), but many seem to have filed at the same time and gotten their passports already. So unless I hear anything problematic with it, I'll just figure it'll be ok to have 2 signatures on it...

Warlord and Boatbod,

Thanks for your response.

Boatbod - did you request an expedited service for your passport (since you filed it on Feb.22 and have not received it yet). I submitted my passport application, with expedited service request, yesterday (Apr. 19).

KG

Warlord and Boatbod,

Thanks for your response.

Boatbod - did you request an expedited service for your passport (since you filed it on Feb.22 and have not received it yet). I submitted my passport application, with expedited service request, yesterday (Apr. 19).

KG

Yes I did expedite my passport (in July 2006), and it took approx 2.5 weeks to come back. My wife sent hers normal processing (Aug 2006) and it took around 8 weeks.

When I got mine, I automatically did my typical signature and was like oh crap. So then I wrote beside it the correct format signature. SSN office had no problems with the double signature, my passport is still being processed after I filed Feb 22nd. So not sure if that's exceeding long compared to most people (I know the delays etc), but many seem to have filed at the same time and gotten their passports already. So unless I hear anything problematic with it, I'll just figure it'll be ok to have 2 signatures on it...

Warlord,

Could you please inform me when you receive your passport - since you said you had 2 signatures on the naturalization certificate, similar to my certificate.

Also, did you expedite your passport application - why is it taking long for you?

Thanks,

KG

For Warlord

Warlord,

You and I have the same issue - 2 signatures on the naturalization certificate.

Just checking to see if you have received your passport, since you indicated mailing out the application in Feb. Do you know why it is taking so long?

I expedited my request on April 19 - check was cashed on April 25, but my case has NOT showed up yet even in the on-line status system.

Thanks,

KG

Warlord,

Could you please inform me when you receive your passport - since you said you had 2 signatures on the naturalization certificate, similar to my certificate.

Also, did you expedite your passport application - why is it taking long for you?

Thanks,

KG